HUGE post-pandemic crowds

The beginning of the post-pandemic period will be marked by HUGE crowds. Given 2 years of pent-up demand, it will be unprecedented.

Good luck with air travel. Everything will be booked solid for weeks or months.

Good luck getting a hotel room. Everything will be booked solid for weeks or months.

Every cruise will be booked solid.

Disneyland and Disney World will be so crowded as to make the crowdedness of past years look as empty as the Nevada desert. The same will be true of local amusement parks, such as Great America in the Chicago area and Valleyfair in the Twin Cities.

Vacation spots and tourist spots will be jammed full. Good luck going to Athens, Venice, Rome, London, Paris, the Great Wall, Hawaii, Las Vegas, Wisconsin Dells, Indiana Beach, and Branson.

Good luck going to museums. Expect them to be crammed wall-to-wall with people.

Good luck eating out. Every restaurant will be crammed wall-to-wall with customers.

This might be a good time to invest in the entire hospitality/ entertainment sector. Maybe FDLSX.

https://money.usnews.com/funds/mutual-funds/consumer-cyclica…

Wendy

2 Likes

The beginning of the post-pandemic period will be marked by HUGE crowds.

Awesome. And when will that be?

IP

3 Likes

IP

Easter

Cheers
Qazulight

1 Like

It started last summer.

How Crowded Are America’s National Parks? See for Yourself
www.nytimes.com/2021/07/08/travel/crowded-national-parks.htm…

DB2

>>The beginning of the post-pandemic period will be marked by HUGE crowds<<.

>Awesome. And when will that be?<

Easter

Of what year? I’ve been hearing that “pent up demand” narrative since about May of 2020. Only time I see people lining up for stuff is when they are triggered by media “shortage” hysteria.

Steve

4 Likes

Of what year? I’ve been hearing that “pent up demand” narrative since about May of 2020. Only time I see people lining up for stuff is when they are triggered by media “shortage” hysteria.

Steve,

This year.

Cases have peaked in Florida. They will peak in the entire USA by the first of February. Hospitalizations nation wide will be peak by the latter part of February and by Easter we will have a new disaster to think about.

The only lingering problems will be China. China will need an effective Omicron specific vaccine to get over this. Between production problems and financial collapse that would be the next new headline.

Cheers
Qazulight

1 Like

Qaz,

China is working to develop their own mRNA. Who knows where that stands.

China should be importing Pfizer’s and Moderna’s mRNA regardless of any prior stuff over the last several years. I am being inclusive of our allowing American corporations to set up in China and often lose their IP. The Chinese have an expectation of taking from the US.

This is problematic because it is using the US and Chinese people for a trade advantage at any cost.

Demand side economics in the US will return the US to a very firm footing of economic dominance globally. China is under no requirement to work with that. Not importing mRNA from the US has to tell us something about how cut throat Xi is with us. As he is with his own.

It is up there with the constant Fentanyl trade out of China. A total lack of respect for our children’s lives.

2 Likes

Mid to late spring. Because it’s an election year and everyone has to focus on that instead. The media will severely reduce coverage of “pandemic” and switch to “politics”.