If you want to feel really good re your results

If you want to feel really great about how well your “risky overvalued investments” are doing year-to-date, here’s a tiny snippet from a Zacks Investment Management ad email I received. (Zacks is very reputable for what it’s worth). Makes our year-to-date results look even better,

Assets Plummet…
It’s been a “nowhere to hide” situation for investors over the last several weeks. If we look at the performance of 70 different types of asset classes from gold to bonds to oil to stocks, about 90% of them are down for the year through mid-November… The last time that many asset classes were down at the same time, none of us were alive - we’d have to go back to 1920, when 84% of 37 asset classes were negative…

That was through mid-November, and by now stocks are slightly positive, but still… We are doing not so bad compared to the rest of the investment world.

Saul

30 Likes

Saul,

Have you used/tried Zacks?

It seems like a supercharged value line system for picking growth stocks.

1 Like

Have you used/tried Zacks?

I subscribe but have never used it. Just for info. The quote I gave was in an ad from Mitch Zacks at their Investment Management division. Have never used that either and don’t subscribe, because I manage my own.

Saul

2 Likes

If we look at the performance of 70 different types of asset classes from gold to bonds to oil to stocks, about 90% of them are down for the year through mid-November

That’s a fascinating nugget of information. I hadn’t really thought about it much. I knew equities, crypto and oil were all down, but 90% of 70 asset classes is kind of numbing (how many classes are there?).

Where does all the money go during some event like this? Does most everyone just retreat into cash? Is that even possible?

It doesn’t have to go anywhere … it just has to be worth less.

1 Like