Impending pet supply shortage 😊

https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status/1516200009938575363

4 Likes

Someone recently complained the pet food is more expensive than human food.

The Captain

2 Likes

<I?Someone recently complained the pet food is more expensive than human food.

Save the planet: time to eat dog?
www.stuff.co.nz/national/2987848/Save-the-planet-time-to-eat…
The eco-pawprint of a pet dog is twice that of a 4.6-liter Land Cruiser driven 10,000 kilometers a year, researchers have found. Victoria University professors Brenda and Robert Vale, architects who specialize in sustainable living, say pet owners should swap cats and dogs for creatures they can eat, such as chickens or rabbits, in their provocative new book Time to Eat the Dog: The real guide to sustainable living.

The couple have assessed the carbon emissions created by popular pets, taking into account the ingredients of pet food and the land needed to create them. “If you have a German shepherd or similar-sized dog, for example, its impact every year is exactly the same as driving a large car around,” Brenda Vale said.

DB2

1 Like

We fed our dogs mostly with scraps from my dad’s hotel and they didn’t go to Pet Saloons to be groomed, just to the vet to get rabies shots.

The Captain
played midwife to Margarita, the mongrel left at my dad’s hotel’s service entrance. She had lovely pups with probably a German or Belgian shepherd. The two we kept were Lord and Amigo.

I got mad at my mother for naming Margarita after my girlfriend Peggy

Peggy as a girl’s name is of English origin and is a nickname for the Greek name Margaret meaning “pearl”. It has been used as an independent name since the 18th century.

https://www.thebump.com/b/peggy-baby-name

Peggy loved it! Go figure! Women! :roll_eyes:

Dogs are supremely skilled at the “but aren’t I cute” ploy. Was my turn to respond to the 2:30 AM wake up call this morning. Not sure how I managed to do it but I managed to ignore the look of joy and wagging tail, taking dog back to his room and put him in dominance to get him to obey. He got into a mid sleep cycle routine with us when he was on prednisone for long covid, which causes them to drink and eat more, with the result of needing to go out more. Finally got him off of it in February, but now he has to unlearn the 18 months of 2AM pee excursions with treat for waking us up rather than puddling in the house. Only took me an hour to get him settled down this time…that’s progress.

It’s great that he is feeling better and his lungs have improved, but after almost two years of interrupted sleep and worry, we are sinking fast. And if you think pet food is expensive…senior dogs are high maintenance!

IP,
who has 5 daily alarms on her phone to make sure he gets the proper meds at the right time

The eco-pawprint of a pet dog is twice that of a 4.6-liter Land Cruiser driven 10,000 kilometers a year, researchers have found. Victoria University professors Brenda and Robert Vale, architects who specialize in sustainable living, say pet owners should swap cats and dogs for creatures they can eat, such as chickens or rabbits,…

Dad made the mistake of finally telling us that the chicken stew we had praised Mom for a few weeks earlier, was actually our pet rabbit Peter. He got tired of us kids hounding him to go look for Peter, who had “escaped.”

Was never forgiven or forgotten by any of us. Really not the best strategy.

IP

1 Like