Infinera announces Q3 results

Great news. Highlighted items in bold. Shares climbing up in AH trading.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/11G0…

Infinera Corporation (NASDAQ: INFN), provider of Intelligent Transport Networks, today released financial results for the third quarter of 2015 ended September 26, 2015. Infinera’s financial results for the third quarter of 2015 include the operating results of Transmode from the date the acquisition closed on August 20, 2015.

GAAP financial results for the quarter were impacted by certain purchase accounting adjustments and one-time acquisition-related costs related to the Transmode acquisition. Additionally, GAAP results include non-cash stock-based compensation expenses and the amortization of debt discount on Infinera’s convertible senior notes. The foregoing items have been excluded from Infinera’s non-GAAP results.

GAAP revenue for the quarter was $232.5 million compared to $207.3 million in the second quarter of 2015 and $173.6 million in the third quarter of 2014.

GAAP gross margin for the quarter was 44.2% compared to 46.7% in the second quarter of 2015 and 43.4% in the third quarter of 2014. GAAP operating margin for the quarter was 6.1% compared to 8.0% in the second quarter of 2015 and 4.3% in the third quarter of 2014.

GAAP net income for the quarter was $8.5 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, compared to $17.9 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2015, and $4.8 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2014.

Non-GAAP revenue for the quarter was $233.2 million compared to $207.3 million in the second quarter of 2015 and $173.6 million in the third quarter of 2014.

Non-GAAP gross margin for the quarter was 47.5% compared to 47.4% in the second quarter of 2015 and 44.2% in the third quarter of 2014. Non-GAAP operating margin for the quarter was 14.4% compared to 13.0% in the second quarter of 2015 and 8.6% in the third quarter of 2014.

Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $32.2 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, compared to $25.7 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2015, and $14.2 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2014.

“Our excellent third quarter results reflect continued strength across our core business, including growing Cloud Xpress revenues as well as the initial contribution from the new metro business. Adding the recently announced metro core and long haul interconnect products along with Transmode’s suite of metro solutions enables Infinera to further enhance the superior experience we deliver to our customers,” said Tom Fallon, Infinera’s Chief Executive Officer. “As the most vertically integrated transport provider in the world, now armed with a broad end-to-end portfolio, Infinera is in a terrific position to continue to deliver differentiated financial results on both the top and bottom lines.”

Best,
–Kevin

14 Likes

This is certainly good news Kevin, and with the smack down of AMBA and SKWS, and SKX, and BOFI over the last few months, I was really looking forward to IPGP and INFN today, and I was not disappointed. Both had great reports and the market seemed to respond, although it took it most of the morning to figure out that IPGP had a good report
Mike

CC is going on now. Shares continue to climb in AH trading. Trading at 20.79 or +2.49 (13.61%) as I write this note.

Great day today. Congrats to all the longs.

Best,
–Kevin

1 Like

Thanks, Kevin, for all your posts on INFN. It made me more comfortable in adding some more today before earnings. But for MF, and you,I probably would have never heard of, much less invested in, INFN. Nice report indeed!

Htownrich

3 Likes