INFN: IR

I emailed investor relations. I believe it was on May 6th. The subject was the Hanoi Telecom order. Some on this board questioned the significance of the order with regard to this type of order “moving the needle” on revenue. So, I asked for a ballpark figure on this order value.

I noted that Hanoi Telecom had 13 million subscribers and then asked if the order value was $13,000, $130,000, $1.3 million, $13 million—looking for even an order of magnitude value. I have not received a reply. I sent another message on the 16th, pointing out that they haven’t even sent a “we have received your inquiry…”

I have not received a reply (o.k., only been two days). I can’t help but contrast this to the next day response I received from LGIH (they replied on a Saturday morning).

In any case, if anyone here believes that the value of this order is important in developing the investing thesis for INFN, I encourage you to make a similar inquiry. Perhaps you can frame the question better than I did. Maybe 10 inquiries will have more than a single email from a goat farmer on a Philippine hilltop. It is not as though they would be revealing competitive information (unless they gave away the stuff?)

KC

2 Likes

Hi KC,
I wrote them and asked them what their profit margins were on the Instant Bandwidth and exactly how it worked. (Whether one of their engineers had to enable it or if a customer was given a code and they could enable it) My question was asked while they were probably in their silent period but I am surprised that they never answered me back. They usually are very helpful, even putting me in touch with their engineers to answer my questions.

Andy

1 Like

Andy,

I’m glad you asked the instant bandwidth question, even if it received no reply. I think this is important. They say that “everything is there”, equipment-wise. To me, that means all the cost “is there”. Switching it on would be pure margin, but how it is accomplished has been an unknown. Do they pay for the “switch it on” code? Is there some sort of a traffic meter? Can it be switched off?

I can’t hold a full or oversized position in INFN if IR is unresponsive. I’ve sold 1/3 already but I hate to sell more and jump from company to company.

KC

3 Likes

FWIW, I have found Infinera IR to be quite responsive and helpful both in terms of depth of response and availability.

FWIW, I have found Infinera IR to be quite responsive and helpful both in terms of depth of response and availability.

Good. You can ask these questions. :slight_smile:

KC

2 Likes