Info of interest to ABMD longs

Info of interest to ABMD longs:

Short read; link to press release provided.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/impella-connect-achieves-regu…
Impella Connect Achieves Regulatory Milestone
DANVERS, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–

"Cloud-based monitoring platform gains CE Mark, adding to FDA PMA approval

Abiomed (ABMD) has achieved CE Mark for Impella Connect, the first-of-its kind cloud-based technology that enables secure, real-time, remote viewing of the Impella console for physicians and hospital staff from anywhere with Internet connectivity. European CE Mark adds to Impella Connect’s previous U.S. FDA PMA approval."

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190131005297/en/

13 Likes

Thank you BrerBear. I was just thinking last night if I should be adding to my position. About 18 months ago, I bought a big position in Boeing at around $195. The argument being it was a duopoly and there was no way the stock wouldn’t appreciate significantly over the long term. Of course, I changed my mind and sold out soon after.

I was trying to decide if ABMD has a similar CAP for the next 5-7 years. Not sure.

1 Like

Well when a company consistently delivers both 30% revenue growth and leverage to drive earnings 235% at the same time and with continued absence of competition it’s hard to argue against.
A

2 Likes

To that consensus I would add a few more salient points (and one duplicate for emphasis), in very layman’s terms:

• no real competition
  • international market barely even scratched
  • no corporate debt, generating positive cash consistently
  • saving lives (literally)
  • sending patients home in days where previously they would have died or had invasive surgery and then died, or had debilitating and poor quality-of-life after
  • doing all of the above at a cost that is LESS than traditional heart care because patients go home sooner and come back less
  • probability/possibility of a buyout by a larger entity (NOT what I want to see happen, but it’s a possibility) at a premium share price

To me it is /really/ hard to argue that ABMD won’t continue to succeed given track record, future landscape…

7 Likes

I was going to add the aspect of the international market TAM not yet fully in play…

And then I see it is NUMBER TWO on your list…

I can’t disagree with any of your points…

It would be quite useful to read if MC (HeartMD) has had any personal first hand experience with this newly approved cloud-based functionality… perhaps later?

1 Like