ISDR - Issuer Direct

I posted about this on another old thread that people may not have seen. If interested, I thought I’d post again. The stock is up alot today on heavy volume. I don’t know why, but thought that move might attract some attention, so people might be interested in learning more:

After reading a bunch of other posts on some micro caps, I thought I’d toss it out here.

Issuer Direct (ISDR). I see it as a Rule Breaker type company. Maybe not the flashiest type RB, but they are getting it done.

Full Disclosure, I do own shares. And warning that it’s very thinly traded, and they did report earnings last week.

It’s underfollowed, and just gaining traction. They were growing sales at better than a 50% clip organically with their cloud solutions to public company reporting and compliance items. They are sticky, once they get in with a company, and their margins are high. Over 70% gross margins. I like business models that are asset light like this. They then doubled the size of the company by buying PrecisionIR, and investor relations firm. So they are involved with all aspects of public company communications now. Below is a more technical summary from their profile. They have been very shareholder friendly (already paid dividends with their great cashflow), but then smartly withdrew that temporarily until the large PrecisionIR acquisition was paid for. Insider ownership is also high (which helps explain the shareholder friendliness).

So just wanted to put this one out there and I’ve enjoyed watching them grow and participated in the budding of their stock. I’m up quite nicely on it and it’s very early in this game.

Here’s the profile:
Business Summary
Issuer Direct Corporation provides disclosure management solutions, shareholder communications tools, and cloud based compliance technologies in North America and Europe. The company offers products and services that enable companies’ to produce and distribute their financial and business communications online and in print. It provides disclosure management system, a cloud-based business process reporting and automation solution that enables users the ability to disclose, manage, and communicate their respective messages from its enterprise SaaS network. The company?s disclosure management solutions consist of traditional edgarization, document management, typesetting, and pre-press design services, as well as its XBRL tagging services. It also offers shareholder communications services, including press release distribution, investor relation systems, and market data cloud services together with the PrecisionIR comprising investor outreach, annual report services, investor hotline, and Webcasting, as well as proxy and printing services. In addition, the company provides cloud-based product suites that offer corporate issuer and market data distribution partners the ability to connect to its market data cloud to access virtually customizable data sets of public companies, as well as the compliance driven modules of whistleblower, investor hotline, social disclosure, and e-notify request system. Further, it is involved in licensing it technology platforms. The company serves brokerage firms, banks, mutual funds, corporate issuers, shareholders, and investor relations officers, as well as professional firms, such as accountants and the legal community. Issuer Direct Corporation was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Morrisville, North Carolina.

fwiw, I think the next year will be really telling as the comps will be with PrecisionIR included, so if organic growth continues at the pace it had prior to the acquisition, we’ll know this is a really cheap stock of a solid company with solid management.

Howard

2 Likes

fwiw, I think the next year will be really telling as the comps will be with PrecisionIR included, so if organic growth continues at the pace it had prior to the acquisition, we’ll know this is a really cheap stock of a solid company with solid management.

• Hi Howard,

Thanks for the heads up.

Do you have channel parameters that this stock has been traveling in that you feel comfortable sharing?
    Thanks,
    Mykie