ISIS

ISIS took back its 200 dma on more good trial news as well as a smaller loss that expected (not that it moves on earnings). Just one to keep an eye on. I know it’s not a Saul type stock, but the chart is going from the lower left to the upper right which for bulls is the preferred direction.

Rob

ISIS…it may have already been said, but unfortunate ticker symbol here.

Yes, their management has discussed a ticker change but then decided against it. On one of my news services I get news pushed to me on what the terrorist group does and none on the biotech because of that ticker.

Rob

ISIS…it may have already been said, but unfortunate ticker symbol here.

It makes me think of the Farside cartoon with the buck with a red bullseye birthmark on his chest and his friend saying “Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.”

A quick Google search found it below:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lph0u1p8bi1qfvq9bo1_1280.j…

Mike (who misses the Farside)

3 Likes

A few decades ago, back when I was a college professor, I was a member of an organization named the American Institute of (for?) Decision Sciences. In the early 80s (as I recall) they decided to go international (or so was their excuse) by removing the “American” from their name, becoming the Decision Sciences Institute. Thus they went from AIDS to DSI. Finding locations for their annual conferences became much easier after that.

as always, i am full of carp

3 Likes

Taking about Farside… One doe to another: “Some days you just can’t make a buck.”

The Captain