It's Not Different This Time

Friendly reminder. Sell-offs happen. It always feels like the end of the world. It’s not.

The market and great companies will recover (no one knows exactly when).

I’m not panicking. I have made 0 changes to my long-term “Saul” style holdings which make up 95% of my portfolio.

42 Likes

Remember Dec 24th! Opportunity here again. Just getting the timing right. Not that a few dollars here or there really matters but possibly picking them up at 15-30% discounted price does matter. Waiting patiently.

3 Likes

Added shares today to mirror today’s losses. A day’s panic like that takes everything down no matter how unrelated. When the stocks rebound, I’ll make double that gap back.

FC

Thank you Matt for the reminder.
I remember the first sell off I went through, earlier in the year. I was worried and concerned and was desperate to see someone talk about it so I could validate my own reaction.
Now, a few months into my investing life and I have seen market up and down quiet often, but still appreciate you taking the time, reassuring new and seasoned investors.

1 Like

I remember the first sell off I went through, earlier in the year. I was worried and concerned and was desperate to see someone talk about it so I could validate my own reaction.
Now, a few months into my investing life and I have seen market up and down quiet often, but still appreciate you taking the time, reassuring new and seasoned investors.

I appreciate you saying that, and now I see why Austin does this. When you’ve been investing this way for a few years as I have, you read Austin’s comforting post and think, “I’m not worried! I see this as an opportunity!” But yours is a very good reminder of how it feels earlier on…and you and Austin are both right – comforting words from experienced investors help.

I bought some MDB and some AYX yesterday and doubled my small SQ position. I trimmed CRWD in half, because it wasn’t down much, and I still want to keep plenty of cash to see where things go the next few days (maybe weeks). But net of everything, I spent plenty of cash yesterday.

Good luck out there everyone.

Bear

31 Likes

Morning Bear,
I have been following Everbridge (EVBG) since you posted about them a while back. I know they released earnings yesterday, and I thought it was a beat… I haven’t had time to listen to the CC yet.
So why the steep drop this morning? Just picking your brain if you have the time…

Xndexr
*Following this board for about 3 months, no posts yet, easing into the waters over this period (bought more yesterday!)
*Also from Alabama! (AU grad, not UA grad)