KITE drops due cerebral edema death

Same issue that plagued Juno.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14123564/1/kite-pharma-discl…

6 Likes

Fuma102,
No doubt this is very concerning news, and sad for the person that died. It sounds like the person that passed on was in very, very bad shape. I don’t think we can tell whether:

A)there is any safety difference between Juno & Kite.
B)whether this therapy needs to be used with only earlier stage treatment.
C)whether this therapy needs a safety mechanism to shut it down like ZIOPs technology.

As it stands, if I were down to one option, I would still want the therapy, but I have no idea where the FDA will come out on this. The risk level for ZIOP has now increased substantially.

Best,

bulwnkl

3 Likes

While the concept sleeping beauty is interesting & sounds nice in theory, unfortunately there has yet to be robust clinical data on it.

Sadly, it appears ZIOP is destined to be a penny stock, it just doesnt realize it yet.

In the conference call this was noted about the death of the patient: "All axicel and KTE-C19 studies will continue as planned. This was the first grade 5 cerebral edema event in over 300 patients, who have been treated with KTE-C19 CAR-T”

Just so everyone realizes the context and rarity of the death related to KTE-C19. Deaths will happen, these are sick peeps…

MC
Still comfortable holding my small position in KITE

6 Likes