Latest on my cancer ...

I have been more or less sharing my experience with bladder cancer. Here is the latest (exciting - well, to me) episode:

Today I had an examination of my bladder from the inside. A TURBT they call it. The Dr. said it looks good - no cancer. Cleaned out any trash left over and took some biopsies. A fantastic result.

CNC

23 Likes

The Dr. said it looks good - no cancer. Cleaned out any trash left over and took some biopsies. A fantastic result.

Fantastic indeed! I’ve been wondering, and such fabulous news.

My husband got great news today too, cancer-wise. He had a 6-month CT scan and blood tests, and he continues in remission—several months into year 4 now. The pattern of his metastases had made an already very aggressive and daunting cancer significantly more aggressive. A durable remission has about a 1% probability. And his oncologist—who called him Miracle Man at his June monitoring—today said: “You are a rose in my eyes.”

Count—I hope you’re celebrating!

=sheila

9 Likes

CNC ~

That is just fantastic news! I am so very happy for you!!!

Robyn

1 Like

=sheila ~

More great news and I know you and hubby are celebrating!

Robyn

1 Like

Here’s to Cliff & Sheila’s hubby! Long may their scans be perfect!

Count—I hope you’re celebrating!

=sheila

Thanks. I hoist a glass of OJ. I have been on a alcohol and caffeine fast for the last 7 months in honor of my cancer. I figured that all that stuff seems to activate my bladder.

CNC

"I have been more or less sharing my experience with bladder cancer. Here is the latest (exciting - well, to me) episode:

Today I had an examination of my bladder from the inside. A TURBT they call it. The Dr. said it looks good - no cancer. Cleaned out any trash left over and took some biopsies. A fantastic result.

CNC"

This qualifies as the best posts I have read in months.

Howie52
Good news this year has been sparse.
Congrats

4 Likes

I hoist a glass of OJ. I have been on a alcohol and caffeine fast for the last 7 months in honor of my cancer. I figured that all that stuff seems to activate my bladder.

Re caffeine — some people have to pee shortly after they drink a cup of coffee, and some of us (me included) don’t react that way at all. So that’s up to you—if you feel it stresses your bladder. But also keep in mind that coffee—not specifically caffeine, but coffee—has a fair bit of data supporting it as protective against cancer.

But the important thing is that you’ve got your cancer-free state to celebrate!!

=sheila

2 Likes

If the Countess will permit, just one glass of your alcohol of choice would be OK. You deserve to celebrate. 1poorlady also is glad to hear the news.

1poorguy

If the Countess will permit, just one glass of your alcohol of choice would be OK. You deserve to celebrate. 1poorlady also is glad to hear the news.

1poorguy

Thanks. This decision has been mine. I am on an alcohol and caffeine fast for the past 7½ months. I think both of those beverages affect my bladder rather more than I want/need.

The latest development is that I have sudden, urgent needs to void my bladder.

Getting new X-Rays tomorrow.

CNC