Long view of the Ukraine war

The only way Putin can win his Ukraine war is at the negotiating table, the primary reason why negotiation should not happen.

While I never wished to be a soldier I have a lot of interest in history and war is one of history’s cornerstones. Just today I revisited the Kasserine Pass fiasco. In the end the Allies won North Africa but the reason the Germans surrendered was that they ran out of fuel and ammunition. WWII was won by the industrial might of the Arsenal of Democracy. It’s the Logistics, stupid! This is not to diminish the valor of the soldiers but you cannot win wars with bare hands.

Jake Broe makes a great argument about why Putin cannot win the war he started. It’s mostly about history, about the Nazi Operation Barbarossa. The Germans took all of Ukraine and lost the war. Back then the Arsenal of Democracy was arming the Soviet Union. Now the West is arming Ukraine.

The War Map in Ukraine Does Not Matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGnkISdIrz4

The Captain

13 Likes

Just today I revisited the Kasserine Pass fiasco.

The US commander at Kasserine Pass was an incompetent fool. Same could be said for the one at Anzio and a few others that needed to be weeded out.

Anymouse

2 Likes

It is a lot easier to take a long view of a war if the bullets and bombs aren’t directed toward you and yours.

6 Likes

It is a lot easier to take a long view of a war if the bullets and bombs aren’t directed toward you and yours.

Meaning what?

The Captain

2 Likes

One can be more sanguine and circumspect about one’s impending mortality when it is reflected upon at a distance.

3 Likes

WWII was won by the industrial might of the Arsenal of Democracy. It’s the Logistics, stupid!

====================================================

And the downfall and breakup of USSR was partially won by the industrial might of the Arsenal of Democracy.

Jaak

2 Likes

Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

WWII was won by the industrial might of the Arsenal of Democracy. It’s the Logistics, stupid!

====================================================

And the downfall and breakup of USSR was partially won by the industrial might of the Arsenal of Democracy.

Tru dat!

It bears repeating, so I did.

Desert (all we had to do is be Capitalists;-) Dave

1 Like