Does anyone on here know much about QuickBooks? I can see an entry I made, with clearly a category assigned to it. However, when I go to this same category in the Chart of Accounts, it does not show up. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Thanks… There used to be a QuickBooks users group on the Motley Fool, but I think the group was closed a few years ago… Bummer. Thanks if anyone has any suggestions…
Maybe the category has been selected to the no-show list? Or inactive?
It has been a long time… I used to work for Intuit, did and lead QuickBooks support for years but that was a lifetime ago. Left there in 2008 during their big riff and haven’t looked back.
What I would suggest trying.
- Open the transaction in question. What is the offsetting account type?
- Change the offsetting account to a different one of the same type as the first and save the transaction
- Go to the new offsetting account afterwards. Do you see the transaction?
- If so, now change it back to the original account
- Do you see the transaction now?
- If you still don’t see the transaction, I would recommend that you validate the data file
If these steps don’t work, go get on the QuickBooks support site.