Macro Economic Implications

FACT: Vladimir Putin celebrated Easter in church today and was not struck down by lightening.

PLEASE DISCUSS: What are the macro economic implications that there is no God?

AW

7 Likes

Just proves god takes Sundays off. He works on Saturdays I heard.

What are the macro economic implications that there is no God?

It means we are in charge of our own portfolios, no-one but ourselves is going to rescue us from our mistakes.

1 Like

<FACT: Vladimir Putin celebrated Easter in church today and was not struck down by [lightning].
PLEASE DISCUSS: What are the macro economic implications that there is no God?>

AlphaWolf,

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

-Jesus (Matthew 7:21 KJV - Public domain)

I don’t know whether you consider this to be adequate discussion, but in my educated opinion, Putin will burn in hell, whether he believes in hell or not. Putin’s actions in Ukraine prove that he does not obey God or faithfully worship God in spirit or in truth.

1 Like

Saturday is day #7, the day of rest.

Sunday is day #1, first day of the work of creation,
(rhyming sort of) with first resurrection and universal renewal.

Protestants got muddled about it, idotically thinking the Jews somehow lost track of days of the week, and so outlawed “Sabbath breaking” on Sundays while themselves working the Sabbath.

Self-righteous ogmatic belief is dangerous.

Putin is beyond dogmatic belief.

david fb

3 Likes

God or no god, Putin is the Devil.

The Captain

2 Likes

Saturday is day #7, the day of rest.

After resting on the 7th day, god created Eve.

No one, not even god, ever again rested.

The Captain

5 Likes
It means we are in charge of our own portfolios, no-one but ourselves is going to rescue us from our mistakes.

God helps those who help themselves! :smiley:

2 Likes

God helps those who help themselves! :smiley:

====================================================

No god dammit - You can not steal or lie to help yourself. God does not exist.

That means thou shalt not steal or lie are common laws for the courts to decide.

Making false statements (18 U.S.C. § 1001) is the common name for the United States federal process crime laid out in Section 1001 of Title 18 of the United States Code, which generally prohibits knowingly and willfully making false or fraudulent statements, or concealing information, in “any matter within the jurisdiction” of the federal government of the United States,[1] even by merely denying guilt when asked by a federal agent.[2] A number of notable people have been convicted under the section, including Martha Stewart, Rod Blagojevich, Michael T. Flynn, Rick Gates, Scooter Libby, Bernard Madoff, and Jeffrey Skilling.

This statute is used in many contexts. Most commonly, prosecutors use this statute to reach cover-up crimes such as perjury, false declarations, and obstruction of justice and government fraud cases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Making_false_statements#:~:tex…%20is%20the%20common,of%20the%20federal%20government%20of)

Jaak

None, unless enough people use a bit of critical thinking about the topic. If we were to reach a tipping point, there would be plenty of economic effects, from taxes to airplanes flying into buildings.

Pete

2 Likes

====================================================================================

Churches would lose their tax free status to push their ideas on others!

Jaak

Nailed it, Pete. Black Swans, White Swans and, hell, even a sparrow.

Religion is the single greatest marketing and sales channel that has ever existed. It’s freakin’ perfect. Unless you are the type to be annoyed by petty difference in point of view. Then, it’s just hilarious, Jack.

2 Likes