mazske's portfolio

Well, I’ve been tweaking my portfolio over the past year or so. At my high, I held around 75 positions in my small portfolio. My XIRR from 2005-2019 was about 15%.

I sold a bunch of positions early last year when I converted my Roth to a self directed Roth IRA so I could buy a rental house in it.

Anyway, I’m now down to about 20 positions.

I have most of the ones commonly discussed on this board.

They include AYX, MDB, TTD, ROKU, CWRD, DDOG, ZS, ZM, OKTA, COUP, SMAR, DOCU etc.

I also have positions in my old friends like AMZA, AAPL, MKC, PPYL, DIS, MKL and probably one of two more.

For the month of January, I was up about 10%.

That’s not too bad compared to the S&P 500, but it’s not as good as the others on this board.

I’m going to continue doing a bit of tweaking. I may try to get down to 15 or so positions.

This is OT, but I’m up to having 9 rental properties, 11 rental units. I have my reasons, but I think for me, I’ll increase my wealth better through real estate than I will if I was 100% in stocks.

However, one of my goals is to grow my stock portfolio just as fast or maybe even faster than my RE portfolio.

The lessons I’ve learned on this board are sinking in. However, it’s hard to sell my positions in Apple, held since 2009 as well as others like in Amazon, Disney etc. I am leaning toward selling Disney though.

However, we shall see how this plays out for me. I wish the best for all of you in your investing endeavors!

Fool on,

mazske

Long all companies mentioned

31 Likes

Hey Mazske, thanks for sharing. I also started with a large portfolio, ~55 stocks a couple years ago, and am now back up to 12.

Read this, then again: https://discussion.fool.com/my-answer-to-39question-for-the-boar…

It’s hard to change ingrained ‘buy and hold’ behaviors, but it’s worth the effort to learn a new approach. I sold APPL, then GOOG, then FB, then AMZN, finally NFLX. There’s better returns on the other side.

My experience, YMMV.

Kip

6 Likes