“Medicare doesn’t pay for that”

Actually not stressful at all. I’m under the care of a very competent team. I’m actually no sicker than I was when I didn’t know. I have no symptoms whatsoever…even when I exercise.

Can’t understand your antipathy to the statements of fact I’m making…especially since, by your own admission, you don’t know much about the topic (as if it wasn’t obvious)

Maybe you should go back and re edit your post.

Edit…went back and bolded AND capitalised the two tests I mentioned that’re distinct from a CAC scan because they were apparently a bit too easy to miss.

1 Like

You are not following what I said on purpose now.

You have something to prove. Are you a cardiologist?

You seem to be reading on this topic and deciding you are an expert. All I am doing is stating my situation. I have plenty of calcium build up and zero plaque. You can follow that? I can be condescending without be a cardiologist as well.

There are two tests. Follow me? Because so far you have not.

Update on the contested AAA screening.

Logged in to the Medicare web site, and got on their chat thing. The operator looked at the claim in their records, but would not say if it had been coded correctly. I got a lot of boilerplate about the “prospective billing system”, but no answer whether the hospital had made an error, even though I quoted Medicare’s own publications saying I would “pay nothing” for the screening, with no mention of the deductible.

With Medicare apparently throwing me under the bus, I went to the hospital’s web site to pay the bill.

The $224 charge that I have been contesting, is now showing “in progress”. The only amount shown due and payable was $22.76, which is a legit charge for a doctor visit on April 14th. Printed out that statement, whipped out my credit card, and paid the $22.76, before they changed their mind.

5 Likes

Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)

covers cardiovascular screening blood tests once every 5 years.

That is screening for undiagnosed people.

Cardiologists will tell you of all the specialties theirs is completely covered by Medicare. Whereas Psychiatrists will tell you their specialty has the least coverage by Medicare.

1 Like