Micron!

https://www.barrons.com/articles/micron-earnings-ceo-mehrotr…

Shares of memory-chip giant Micron Technology (MU) are up $1.54, or almost 3%, at $60.49, in late trading, after the company this afternoon reported fiscal Q3 revenue and profit that both beat expectations, despite having already pre-announced a higher projected results in late May, and forecast revenue and profit this quarter higher as well.

Micron’s revenue in the three months ended in May rose 40%, year over year, to $7.8 billion, yielding earnings per share of $3.15.

Gross profit margin came in at 61%, on a non-GAAP basis, up 2.5 percentage points from Q2’s level, and 48% higher than a year earlier.

During this evening’s call, Mehrotra and team projected revenue this quarter of $8 billion to $8.4 billion, higher than the average estimate for $8 billion, and EPS of $3.23 to $3.37, higher than the average estimate for $3.17 per share.

Yeppers, I like Micron. Roughly 15% of my portfolio.

3 Likes

Putnid, do you not have reservations about tariffs and trade when it comes to chips and other hardware?

Hello, strelna -

I don’t worry all that much about tariffs on memory chips. The NAND and DRAM manufacturers are few in number: Samsung, Toshiba, SanDisk/WD, SK Hynix and Intel (still small). The chip prices are a function of supply and demand, the demand being strong and the supply constrained by the limited number of fabs. I’d be more concerned if new capacity were to come on line.

1 Like