Monday is launching Monday dev (out of beta)

it has launched a new product offering, monday dev, out of beta. Built on top of the monday.com Work OS, monday dev is the next step in monday.com’s multi-product vision, and it equips product and development teams with the tools to seamlessly manage all development processes and achieve their goals faster in one easy-to-use platform.

“We’re thrilled to offer product and development teams monday dev and its full spectrum of capabilities, where teams - from R&D to design to product management - can plan, build, and manage their entire product lifecycle,” says Ran Toueg, Senior Product Manager, at monday.com. “At monday.com, we know that each team has different needs: with monday dev, we leverage the power of monday WorkOS low-code/no-code platform to empower product development teams with an agile, customizable platform to manage every aspect of their work - from ideation to execution.”

monday dev key features promote transparency, flexibility, and agility, including:

• Sprint management: Empower scrum teams to easily manage their sprints from start to finish, tracking progress in one place.
  • Kanban view: Create a continuous visual workflow and gain full transparency into your team’s development tasks to maximize efficiency.
  • Product Lifecycle Management: Streamline an entire development workflow, including roadmap, sprints, backlog, bugs tracking, and retrospective elements, in one place.
  • Agile reporting: Customizable real-time reports, including burndown or burnup charts.
  • Seamless integrations: Easily integrate with the tools the team is already using, including GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Zendesk, and Gmail.
  • Ready-made templates: Save time with pre-defined baseline templates and a complete package of views, widgets, and dashboards designed to fit workflows in the development life cycle.
  • Easily collaborate and bridge silos: Share data and updates internally or externally to streamline information flows, ensuring stakeholders, freelancers, and team members collaborate in a single, easy-to-use platform.
  • Automate manual work: Automate repetitive tasks and save time with 150+ pre-built, customizable automation to focus on work that matters.

Please note that I don’t understand the tech, not even the vocabulary, but I hope that this will be as successful as Monday CRM, growing at about 100% compounded each quarter sequentially.

Saul

31 Likes

Hey Saul, I’ll break it down. This new Monday product is a direct competitor to Atlassian’s ($TEAM) Jira product for developers. It’s essentially a developer-specific project management software. While most developers would probably argue that Jira is the better product at this point from a technical standpoint, they’d all probably agree that Monday’s products would be easier to use and easier to integrate into the entire suite of Monday’s business products.

On its own, this product is probably nothing special, but when added to the entire WorkOS platform they’re building, this is a good accretive piece of the puzzle. I imagine there will be many coversations like “Well sales, marketing, and customer service are all using Monday, why don’t we just add it for the developers now too?”

NRR measures how well a company can acquire customers, retain them long-term, and expand their revenue. I imagine Monday Dev will be a tailwind for all three of those metrics.

37 Likes

Thanks jgrothaus, that was an excellent explanation of where it sits and how it will help Monday grow. Thanks for taking the time for the explanation.
Saul

13 Likes