Although FVRR is not an SaaS stock, it does put up some comparable numbers:
(material taken from https://seekingalpha.com/article/4385604-invest-in-growth-of…)
Sales growth 88%
Active Buyers Growth 37%
Spend per buyer Growth 20%
Gross Margin 83%
Here are some key Gig Economy Trends & Stats from https://goremotely.net/blog/gig-economy/
- 80% of major US companies are planning to switch to employing freelance labor
- About 3 out of 4 gig workers say technology makes it easier for people to find their work
- 90% of US workers seriously consider working as freelancers or independent contractors in 2020
- The gig economy is growing 3X faster than traditional jobs
- Freelancers in the United States added about $1.28 trillion to their economy in 2018.
- Self-employed women make up 35% of America’s gig workers
- 70% of freelancers cite a better work-life balance as their reason for choosing the gig economy
Fiverr has a net promoter score (NPS) of 61 for buyers and 65 for sellers (i.e., freelancers) according to a March 31, 2020 company presentation. Upwork (their main adversary) however, has an NPS score of 32. A Net Promoter Score is the percentage of customers rating their likelihood to recommend a company, a product, or a service to a friend or colleague. Bain & Co, the source of the NPS system, suggests that above 50 is excellent, and above 80 is world class.