Morgan Stanley--Possible bear market ahead

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/25/investing/bear-market-stocks-…

“The market has been so picked over at this point, it’s not clear where the next rotation lies,” Wilson wrote. “In our experience, when that happens, it usually means the overall index is about to fall sharply with almost all stocks falling in unison.”

5 Likes

I think the stock market is pretty safe as long as companies can raise prices in excess of their costs increases and use “supply chain” as an excuse.

intercst

One wonders, with supposedly households having cash on the sidelines.

An employment picture - where is unemployment doubles it means that 92% are working - - and many of those are sending in the 401K contributions each pay period.

Where does that money go?

Also, international investors. I’m a total layman I admit - but if I’m sitting in China, India, and I’m upper middle class - I can’t think of another country I’d invest in but the USA. Yes, I know there’s opportunities everywhere - but there is solely one economy that is not dependent on anyone else for energy.

I wonder if the stock market can be ‘saved’ solely because there might be tons of dollars all chasing the same equities.

“The market has been so picked over at this point, it’s not clear where the next rotation lies,” Wilson wrote. “In our experience, when that happens, it usually means the overall index is about to fall sharply with almost all stocks falling in unison.”

Captain Obvious

Not a reference to our Capitan.

1 Like

I think the stock market is pretty safe as long as companies can raise prices in excess of their costs increases and use “supply chain” as an excuse.

That’s what the Fed’s rate hikes are aimed at changing by reducing demand …

5 Likes

Deutsche Bank just said they agree with Morgan Stanley.