Mulesoft earnings after the market closes today.

Thank you all for some very thoughtful discussion! Not certain yet what it means for my own investment in Mule, but it gives me some great new perspectives!

1 Like

I asked the head of IT at the company I work for about MuleSoft, and his reply was that their sales department is pretty aggressive, frequently contacting people at various level within our company’s IT department.

His opinion was that although MuleSoft offered more features, for what our company needed Microsoft’s Azure API Manager was the better choice. Of course, that’s partially because we’re already a Microsoft shop within IT.

10 Likes

The engineer’s experience creating that code is what is valuable and needs to be reused, not necessarily the actual code itself.

With due respect, pretty naive statement. When you use the word, Java (programming languages), OS or any software, there is a code written once and used many, many times, millions and millions of times.

The idea that somehow the integration needs to be written fresh every time, is just a job security talk and not that you cannot build or automate bulk of the integration work through tools. What is integration is a mapping of data elements between two systems and some business rules surrounding the data. It can be automated to a greater extent.

MULE taking quite a beating today - circa 10% down at the moment - don’t think its anything to do with the potential Trump-China fallout, but cannot find anything else to explain the further leg down on MULE