My better Monthly

After writing a summary two months ago and unfortunately posting it I wrote a review of it myself.

Jason - Wow the above is just a bunch of price anchoring zchasbot !!! It’s just so much work to explain why I did what I did instead of what I did. I archive all the work of others who have explained all the whys that I use and post what looks like zchasbot!!!

Well, I can do better; but…, if I spend the time going back through all the whys of what I did it’s like doing it twice…Could I, if I did the work, then notice some errors and perhaps learn a profound nugget that will later save me from disaster? I doubt it but here goes.

Well, perhaps because of my disgust with prior performance, I don’t have what my holding we’re the first two weeks of May. This is what I have now:

CRWD 16.22%
AYX 15.22%
DDOG 15.04%
ZM 14.23%
OKTA 12.91%
ESTC 9.07%
FSLY 6.83%
NET 5.37%
ENPH 3.07%
LVGO 2.06%
RUBI. 0.09%
No cash

The above are my retirement accounts, that I manage- Rollovers and Roths, for myself and my wife. She’s a Kinder Teacher and has that and a small 403b with money I’m unable to direct. I’m a Physical Therapist working for Kaiser Permanente for the last 10 years where I have both a pension and an annuity I’m unable to direct.
Back of the napkin table math, the following has grown, dramatically in the last few years since reading this Board, to about half of the value of our retirement funds. Thanks for that, sincerely.

This month:
CRWD became number one after I chose to add FSLY, having to sell another chunk of AYX and nearly half of my NET to buy it, after reading what both Bert, at Tickertarget.com and Proffringa, at Softwarestackinvesting.com, had to say.
Originally I was looking into both NET and FSLY when Muji posted his deep dive into NET in March and I knew Bert owned FSLY. I’ve subscribed to Tickertarget for years. I’ve believed for years, having read several books on the subject, the IoT is the inevitable end point that makes the cloud necessary. I bought FSLY, even though I missed most of the then 50% run up in price the day after earnings. I did this because after reading Bert and Proffringa I became convinced that NET and FSLY were in very different lanes in the CDN market, with FSLY selling to enterprises and developer focused and NET selling to startups and SMBs and security focused.
I leave CRWD relatively equal weight with DDOG, and Zm because: I invest in the fastest growing companies with the highest margins providing critical infrastructure so everyone else can grow also.

AYX has my second highest conviction level because, although they are not growing as fast as CRWD, DDOG and ZM, they do have incredible margins (margins being the by far more important part of Oomph) and I do believe, with 37% penetration into the G2000, they are becoming the standard for what I believe is also now more than ever critical infrastructure for the enterprise and eventually all SMBs in the world.

I own NET as well as FSLY for many many reasons but here I’ll just say I believe Cloudflare and their Products, specifically Teams, will take Share from firewall venders and Zs also. They’re giving it away until September and then I’m expecting accelerating rev grows from 48%, where they are now, to infinity and beyond!

Ok back to earth. Okta remains with high level conviction because: When CEO/Founder Todd McKinnon said that OKTA is consumer focused I believe he’s letting the customers come to him and not spending too much on S&M, maintaining Rule of 50 growth perhaps Until when it would be much easier to grow faster (He referee to strategic timing when investing in growth. At this time he refers often to growing depth as well as breadth.
Perhaps those at OKTA need to take more time (grow revenue more slowly) to integrate more deeply with their existing customers and to do otherwise would, as they have said, ‘be irresponsible’? That Zm, CRWD and DDOG are able to grow so fast…is it that their products are not as deeply integrated with their customers as OKTAs products? Answering my own question from my limited understanding is yes this is the truth of it.

Enphase and LVGO are my what it’s all for shoutouts. Why we need this critical infrastructure is to save the world of course. And thanks to Putnid and the posters here for Livongo I’m happy to be a shareholder of these companies.

Well, at least the above wasn’t a bunch of price anchoring bs like my last port update.

Thanks for listening,
Any thoughts please let me know,

Jason

29 Likes

Enphase and LVGO are my what it’s all for shoutouts. Why we need this critical infrastructure is to save the world of course. And thanks to Putnid and the posters here for Livongo I’m happy to be a shareholder of these companies.

Well, at least the above wasn’t a bunch of price anchoring bs like my last port update.

Thanks for listening,
Any thoughts please let me know,

Jason

Since you asked, in the case of “Enphase and LVGO” or better yet “Enphase Energy (ENPH) and Livongo Health (LVGO)” you might have told us how they will save the world and how that’s profitable for the investor. Put yourself in the reader’s place, what is of interest to your audience?

A key to good writing, to effective communication, is to eliminate all the words that don’t add information to the message. If you can replace two or more words with one, do it! Raise the signal to noise ratio. While stories are important, we are not story tellers, we are reporters.

After you finish writing, edit, edit, and edit once more until you have nothing left to add or remove. Use the “Preview Message” button before using the “Submit Message” button. Terse is good.

Denny Schlesinger
edited three or four times… :wink:

12 Likes