Mythical Brand Values

Here is a list of brand rankings.

https://www.rankingthebrands.com/The-Brand-Rankings.aspx?ran…

But, I’m sure there is a poster here who will say there is no brand value and his opinion is more important.

Similarly, this person cannot understand the concept of business valuation determinations. Apparently he’s identified a fundamental axiom disproving usefulness of such frivolous exercises because individuals can come up with independent values. I find this rather entertaining.

jk

4 Likes

Similarly, this person cannot understand the concept of business valuation determinations. Apparently he’s identified a fundamental axiom disproving usefulness of such frivolous exercises because individuals can come up with independent values

Why don’t you get down from your high horse and discuss this like “philosopher” LOL?

Choose any valuation methodology, and show here is how Berkshire valuation went up viz-a-viz SPY. Can you ? Are just like someone, you are all only talk?

Just saying Berky value went up doesn’t doesn’t mean anything.

Do you remember the CAPE conversation? Now it completely disappeared? Why? It is irrelevant has become so obvious.

1 Like

“Why don’t you get down from your high horse and discuss this like “philosopher” LOL?”

It’s ok you cannot value a business,even though others have done so. You still have “value”. If watching charts is your thing then more power to you.

“Choose any valuation methodology, and show here is how Berkshire valuation went up viz-a-viz SPY. Can you ? Are just like someone, you are all only talk?”

What interest is it to me to tell you how I value BRK? I gain nothing and, more importantly, you wouldn’t care.

“Just saying Berky value went up doesn’t doesn’t mean anything.”

I’m not familiar with a valuation model governed solely by a declaration of an asset going up or down. You studied different text books than I. Additionally, I’m not aware of any posters here suggesting that either.

…I do recall when we sold our business we made a determination of its value. We were, and still are, a private company so there was no pretty ticker number to go by. There were 7 initial bids, which then were reduced to 4 finalists. NONE of the bids presents valued our business the same and none matched our valuation. Despite 8 uncommon valuations of this single business, this (remarkably) did NOT prohibit the sale of the business. The world didn’t stop. Subsequent to this I have had similar experiences with other businesses.

There is no high horse to get off from just real facts to observe.
jk

3 Likes

What interest is it to me to tell you how I value BRK? I gain nothing and, more importantly, you wouldn’t care.

What a copout. Forget about me, the real problem is, most of you pretend to understand “value” but really have no idea what it is or how you arrive it.

You already scared, that you may not be able to prove Berky value went up viz-a-viz SPY. It is easy and comfortable to throw a phrase like “value” but very difficult to define it, let alone defend it.

I do recall when we sold our business we made a determination of its value… The world didn’t stop.

Now, now, you are getting into troubling territory. You are saying there are different values assigned by different people to same thing. I know you kind of alluded to this earlier, but now you are making firm statement. But the “mythical” value is not different, remember that. When some investors value a stock higher than you, those charlatan’s, cheaters, merely bidding things to dump it on greater fool, yada, yada… because my “VALUE” says it is not that valuable and MY VALUE is the final one…

You are now pointing out the cult leaders MY VALUE is not an absolute one… remember it is the sum of future cash flow, yada, yada…

There is no high horse to get off from just real facts to observe

If it is real facts, then why people are getting so agitated and had to indulge in silly name calling and attacking? You should be able to point the Brand Berkshire, wherever it is, or point out this is how Berkshire culture is implemented or passed on to the acquiring businesses…

These are some nice comfy words folks want to believe.

1 Like