new "community features"?

We were told with the non-Financial boards closing, there were “more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon”. Is there any update on that yet? It’s been a full month now.

4 Likes

‘Soon’ when taking stuff away always takes less time the ‘Soon’ when doing stuff that costs a business money/effort.

Start thinking about ‘Soon’ in Elon terms. Elon promised his Cyber Truck 2019. Ford and GM will be selling them before Tesla.

This is not a new concept – back in the 1990s the world got really excited about VaporWare –

1 Like

A full month?

When they killed My Scorecard they promised a replacement. That was around October of 2019.

We were told with the non-Financial boards closing, there were “more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon”.

Well, first lets point several key operative words... IN DEVELOPMENT and SHARING SOON

No where did TMF talk about anything that is actually in the pipeline. Now for the good news,I highly suspect that the priority for this rollout is just one notch below fixing the existing search community feature.

Seriously, did you really believe that there will be more community features, or are you venting just a lil bit because TMF polished up a "do do" and put it out there for some to gravitate towards?

I guess it is entirely possible, but I got my money on Google stock trading at
$3300 before that happens. And don't forget the 20:1 split in July.
3 Likes

No where did TMF talk about anything that is actually in the pipeline.

I have been reliably told that TMF has been running a replacement that is under development for the boards for one of their paid services. I can’t say that the comments about that test are positive, but hopefully the point of testing it is to improve it. How much that comprises the “community features”, or if those are something else entirely, I have no information.

MF Options has been running a new TMF Community platform for about 6 months, and testing is underway for converting the Service, Premium and Public Communities. I have no information on how and when, but I would put odds that we’ll end the summer with a different TMF Community than we entered with.

Fuskie
Who notes the plan is to preserve and replace, not just improve, the existing platform…

Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I’ll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), Mimecast (MIME), Virgin Galactic (SPCE), Axon Technologies (AXON), Blackbaud (BLKB)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie’s and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post: https://tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu…
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://www.fool.com/premium/live/
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!

2 Likes

I would put odds that we’ll end the summer with a different TMF Community than we entered with. - Fukie

That has already happened irrespective of the technical platform.

5 Likes

That has already happened irrespective of the technical platform.

Has it ever — I am very sad to say.

=sheila

5 Likes