NFLX, Super-stock and David Gardner

I respect David G. a lot. Some of his picks in past 10 years are just phenomenal, Netflix, Amazon, Priceline and Intuitive Surgical coming to mind. The really hard part of stock picking is when everybody else has different opinion and you still stick with yours. One example is Amazon, not until recently, Amazon was always a battleground stock and be labeled as over-value all the time. I no longer subscribes to any fool service now because too many medieval picks and I am afraid I cannot control myself not to invest in them. It is really hard to find next super-stocks. Shopify may be the only picks recently with that potential but it still has some risk.

So what do you think the next super-stock?

qwsong,

…too many medieval picks and I am afraid I cannot control myself not to invest in them.

What is a medieval pick in stocks?

I am afraid I cannot control myself not to invest in them

Well then, create a system that gets your urges and worries under control. I have decided to blindly buy each of Dave’s new (3) stocks each month in equal quantites. (This is one portion of my portfolio). Maybe you do it with $1000, $5000, $10,000 - whatever quantity gets you there. But by buying equal portions you are no longer trying to outsmart Dave and you no longer have to lose sleep wondering if you picked the one really bad stock. Plus, by purchasing the new reccommendations you will be getting in more of those new, possible superstars. If one pick goes to zero, no biggie, others will be 3, 5, 7 baggers in 10 years. No worries. Try it, it feels good.

I have allocated a buck of money that will let me buy 3 stocks a month for the next 2 years and then I have to decide if I will allocate more more or let that basket ride. Dave’s spectacular returns are based on every stock he and his team have selected over time, so it is difficult to try and pick that subset that make the big moves. Get them “all” (until you run out of funds).

P.

13 Likes