NKTR: Another clinical collaboration in I-O

http://www.vaccibody.com/vaccibody-announces-clinical-collab…

Announced on Sept 20, 2018

VACCIBODY ANNOUNCES CLINICAL COLLABORATION AGREEMENT WITH NEKTAR THERAPEUTICS FOR EVALUATION OF VACCIBODY’S PERSONALIZED CANCER NEOANTIGEN VACCINE IN COMBINATION WITH NEKTAR’S CD-122-BIASED AGONIST, NKTR-214

Vaccibody AS today announced a new clinical collaboration with Nektar Therapeutics to evaluate Vaccibody’s personalized cancer neoantigen vaccine, VB10.NEO, in combination with Nektar’s CD-122-biased agonist, NKTR-214.

VB10.NEO is designed to specifically activate the patient’s immune system to tumour specific antigens, called neoantigens. NKTR-214 is designed to lead to further stimulation and proliferation of the immune cells. Preclinical results indicate a synergistic effect of VB10.NEO and NKTR-214 resulting in enhanced neoantigen-specific T cell responses. The clinical evaluation will take place in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. The first stage of the clinical trial will be a pilot study which will enroll 10 patients.

Nektar and Vaccibody each will maintain ownership of their own compounds in the clinical collaboration, and the two companies will jointly own clinical data that relate to the combination of VB10.NEO and NKTR-214. Under the terms of the agreement and following the completion of the pilot study, the two companies will evaluate next steps for development of the combination regimen…

NKTR continues to enter into more and more collaborations in the I-O field. Part of the thesis for NKTR is that NKTR-214 will become an essential compound for my other companies because it will make I-O treatment more effective. In about a week’s time 2 new clinical trials (1 for pancreatic cancer and 1 for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck) were announced with 2 different companies. These clinical trials will be initiated because the preclinical animal data looked so good. Here’s a link to the presentation showing some of the highlights of the preclinical data with Vaccibody’s compound:

https://www.nektar.com/application/files/1415/3790/9289/NKTR…

I think we can expect a lot more data to come this year and next…

Chris

19 Likes

Chris,

Thanks for keeping us abreast of the latest news with NKTR, I appreciate it as I still own it, but don’t really follow it too much. Yet I still think it’s worth a small holding to see if it indeed can produce some great cancer fighting and pain relief results.

5 Likes