Nobody Likes Whiners!

Especially when they whine about Global Warning … then demand more oil when the high prices cause the natives to get politically restless?

If gas is too expensive, buy a cheap FitBit and start working on your first 10,000 steps.

Anymouse

https://financialpost.com/pmn/business-pmn/g-7-says-opec-has…

G-7 Says OPEC Has Key Role to Play to Ease Tight Energy Markets

Bloomberg News Arne Delfs

Publishing date :May 27, 2022 • 2 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation

(Bloomberg) — The Group of Seven urged OPEC to pump more oil, even as it made new pledges to try to fight climate change.

“We call on oil and gas producing countries to act in a responsible manner and to respond to tightening international markets, noting that OPEC has a key role to play,” ministers said in a communique after a meeting in Berlin.

OPEC, which has an alliance with Russia known as OPEC+, has so far resisted calls from the U.S. to crank up its production beyond the gradual increases it has long planned.

7 Likes

If gas is too expensive, buy a cheap FitBit and start working on your first 10,000 steps.

I live in a high density suburban area and make it a point to walk everywhere within a 3 mile radius. I typically walk 40 or 50 miles per week and often go a week or two without talking my car out of the garage. For the last 5 years, I’ve averaged 1,500 mi. per year on my car. At 25 mpg, I’m burning 60 gallons of gasoline per year. Fuel price is lost in the round off to me.

intercst

1 Like

Fuel price is lost in the round off to me.

intercst

Yeah, I could walk to Costco in five minutes but getting the stuff home would be awkward. Nova Scotia is back to trying to get people to buy EVs, I skipped the Zoom video as other stuff was happening.

Until they have the charging infrastructure few are buying. There are charging stations in the city but none that would work for me. My daughter suggested a Hybrid (her and SIL each have one but they are large SUVs).

The president (for life***) of our Condo association assured me that she would not be able to get the vote. She couldn’t even get piping installed to drain heat pumps if they were installed in the units.

Tim

*** - nobody else wants the job.

1 Like

At 25 mpg, I’m burning 60 gallons of gasoline per year. Fuel price is lost in the round off to me.

~$250 - $300 per year (at current gasoline prices)

That’s what you’re saving in gasoline.

But when you start adding the extra potatoes and steak to refuel your body after burning those
calories…

1 Like

The president (for life***) of our Condo association

lol. Same thing as casa del Steve. Only way people can get off the condo board is to move away, or die. My neighbor Frank, who is on the board, mentioned he and his wife have bought a place in Florida, so, presumably, he will be unavailable for board meetings some portion of the year.

Steve

1 Like