Non-COUPA takeaways from COUPA call

Glancing through the COUPA earnings transcript, two things that stood out to me with regards to two other stocks I own.

1. “ Our video conferencing usage has nearly doubled to more than three hours a day on average per colleague as we stay connected, and continue pushing the value creation that our community has come to expect from Coupa.”

Towards the end of the transcript there is a mention about Zoom. Not that anyone needs validity that Zoom has and will continue to be successful. (But the valuation though lol… way too many SA posts talking about the valuation. Copy paste analysts?)

1. “ From a prospect perspective for example, we moved our advertising from airports to digital banners on targeted television programs.“

This would bode well for TTD, wouldn’t it? How many others out there have shifted to where their customers have shifted during WFH.

Regards,
foolonely

21 Likes

1. “ Our video conferencing usage has nearly doubled to more than three hours a day on average per colleague as we stay connected, and continue pushing the value creation that our community has come to expect from Coupa.”

Towards the end of the transcript there is a mention about Zoom. Not that anyone needs validity that Zoom has and will continue to be successful. (But the valuation though lol… way too many SA posts talking about the valuation. Copy paste analysts?)

2. “ From a prospect perspective for example, we moved our advertising from airports to digital banners on targeted television programs.“

This would bode well for TTD, wouldn’t it? How many others out there have shifted to where their customers have shifted during WFH.

I’m working my way through catch up conversations with business leaders in multinationals from the Life Science space in Asia. There’s a lot of recurring talking points but 2-3 stand out that relate to this:

1. All have seen a business model switch over from traditional representative based models to digital eDetailing, remote webinars and virtual congresses/meetings/advisory board sessions using VC
  2. All have seen a dramatic increase to eCommerce for OTC/Consumer Health
  3. All have seen a shift in advertising from traditional outside posters etc to digital, programatic and connected TV based advertising with an increase in advertising driven by agile shifts in brand messaging to relate to CV-19 related prevention, symptoms and environmental factors (where advertising is permitted - OTC and disease based advertising and in a few locations DTC).

BTW Along the way there 2 of the top 10 corps life science corps I work with have switched to or added in Zoom (from webex/skype and Adobe Connect). One of the big 4 accounting/advisory firms has adopted Zoom as well.

Ant

17 Likes