Nutanix downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies

“Jefferies analyst John DiFucci downgraded Nutanix to Hold from Buy, citing the company’s success over the past year that he believes is now adequately reflected in the share price. DiFucci tells investors in a research note that he has always viewed Nutanix as a software business and believes that the ongoing transition to a pure software model will ultimately benefit the company; however, like all transition stories, the model has become more difficult to forecast, he says.”

4 Likes

Somewhat nonsensical downgrade just 2 weeks from an earnings report. Additionally, the stock is more or less selling for the same price it was back in April, but I guess it took him 4 months to realize the shares were at his “price target”???

Best,
Matt

20 Likes

Somewhat nonsensical downgrade just 2 weeks from an earnings report. Additionally, the stock is more or less selling for the same price it was back in April, but I guess it took him 4 months to realize the shares were at his “price target”???

A bit suspicious, huh? Perhaps DiFucci needed to beef up his clients’ long position going into earnings?

Bear

4 Likes

A bit suspicious, huh? Perhaps DiFucci needed to beef up his clients’ long position going into earnings?

Gosh Bear,

That sounds so unethical and unscrupulous from a Wall Street analyst that it just cant be true! :slight_smile:

Best,
Matt

5 Likes

If he is a decent, honest guy then how can he downgrade the stock I am long… really? How can he? LOL…

1 Like