Nutanix - Interesting Links & Updates

I’ve seen several debates going back and forth recently on the specifics of HCI, data centers, and IOT. I’m certainly not a technical expert as many here are, but here are a few links and updates I’ve been following recently. The first one is certainly worth a skim for all the non-technical folks (and others too):

1) Top 20 Enterprise Cloud FAQs

This is definitely written in corporate-speak, but it certainly gives a good overview of many of the topics/questions recently brought up on this board. Net net, everything will be “enterprise cloud” in the long-run. I think the first paragraph sums it up well:

“According to a recent IDC study, 82% of enterprises expect to use three or more clouds by 2020, including private, onpremise, virtual private clouds, and shared public cloud services from a number of
providers. Ideally, there’s one cloud that serves as connecting sinew for all other clouds, and can easily run different workloads in the cloud they’re best suited for. This brings us to Enterprise Cloud. Enterprise Cloud gives you a single point of control to manage IT infrastructure and applications at any scale.”

Worth a quick read if you’re interested:
https://go.nutanix.com/rs/031-GVQ-112/images/top-enterprise-…

*I believe it’s publicly available, if not, you probably just have to sign up for their mailing list.

2) Nutanix Community Podcast - Latest episode on Xi IOT and Xi Edge Computing

There are a few interesting episodes, but they do a pretty decent job of staying at a medium-level of technicality (at least enough so I can follow). There were a few interesting use cases (e.g. toll processing without transponders), but suffice to say that so much more data will be processed at the edge (ahem, NVDA and NTNX).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/nutanix-next-community/i…

3) Next conference in London

I’ve never been to a Nutanix conference, but looks really fun! This takes place on 11/27-29, and my guess is with Deeraj giving the keynote, this is where they will announce the much anticipated unveiling of Xi.

They are also reporting earnings on the 29th, so it will undoubtedly be a really interesting few days (at least for me)…

https://www.nutanix.com/next/agenda.html

4) Dheeraj getting 100,000 RSUs at $80 per share

“Mr. Pandey also received a grant of 100,000 RSUs (the “ Performance RSUs ”) that may vest based on the achievement of an average stock price of $80 over an approximately 4.5-year performance period (the “ Performance Period ”), and subject to Mr. Pandey’s continuous service to the Company on each vesting date.”

Seems like someone is expecting the price to be at least $80 sooner than later. Also sets a target for potential buyout (although, I don’t think NTNX will sell anytime soon).

http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FilingID=130…

Stephen

P.S. And for the record, haha, I usually own/trade between 8-12 stocks. I’m just particularly obsessed with NTNX these days, at these prices…

27 Likes

Stephen,

Good info. I would say Mr. Pandey has great incentive to ensure a $80 average stock price point at sometime in the next 4.5 years.

To add a little more info from the link you provided.

Mr. Pandey also received a grant of 100,000 RSUs (the “ Performance RSUs ”) that may vest based on the achievement of an average stock price of $80 over an approximately 4.5-year performance period (the “ Performance Period ”), and subject to Mr. Pandey’s continuous service to the Company on each vesting date. The average stock price will be calculated based on the average closing price of one share of the Company’s Class A Common Stock (“ Common Stock ”) as reported on the NASDAQ Stock Market during the 180-day period ending on the last trading day prior to each measurement date (as applicable, the “ Average Stock Price ”). The Average Stock Price will be measured once per quarter during the Performance Period, and:

If the Average Stock Price on any given quarterly measurement date does not equal or exceed $80, then none of the Performance RSUs will vest that quarter, and any unvested Performance RSUs will carry over to the next quarter (the “Carryover RSUs”);

If the Average Stock Price on any given quarterly measurement date equals or exceeds $80, then 1/18 th of the Performance RSUs plus the applicable Carryover RSUs, if any, would vest; and/or

If the Average Stock Price never equals or exceeds $80 during the Performance Period, the Performance RSUs would terminate at the end of the Performance Period.

Price currently for NTNX is 43.09. If on Jan. 1st 2023 the price were to be $80, the IRR would be 16.19%. Probably a pretty low bar for NTNX to hit. I am expecting it to be over 100+ by that time. However I agree with your assessment, it set a floor price on possible buy out.

8 Likes

I’ve noticed a common thread amongst these small / up&coming techs.

They have their own conferences to demonstrate how others are using their platform and also crowdsource how to make their platform better.

Often times there is some sort of hashtag that you can follow along on Twitter or Instagram and get a feel amongst “those in the know” for their products.

salesforce.com and mongo have both done this that I am aware of.

1 Like