NVDA - its more than games and self driving cars

Its stuff like this that makes me believe the self-driving car is NOT going to be the next big thing with robotics and AI. 10% of our lettuce fields are already tended to, in some degree, by autonomous robots. Next up is strawberry harvesting. I’ve heard podcasts about apple harvesting. Agriculture. Warehousing. Factory automation. Areas where labor is short and jobs are physically demanding. This is why NVDA excites me so much and why I’m long.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/10/24/how-robots-could-sa…

16 Likes

Makes sense since harvesting is less dangerous that driving on highways. One should watch out for obstacles that can be technology adoption killers.

Denny Schlesinger

2 Likes

Don;t forget all the GPU’s used in data centers.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/data-center/

Nvidia has great prospects in may areas. It’s just a matter of figuring out a good price to pay for it.

Nvidia has great prospects in may areas. It’s just a matter of figuring out a good price to pay for it.

As of a few days ago it was selling for 15x next year’s earnings and 22 or so times this years. For a company with an effective world wide monopoly across the board in almost every aspect of AI that I owning vertical after vertical as it is creating the vertical (such as healthcare as an example, Nvidia not only provides the GPUs, but the software, the tools, the protocols, the processes, and everything in-between to where there is no one but Nvidia enabling that enormous vertical market) and selling as if it was AMD?

I very much doubt you will find a better price than that for the lifetime of Nvidia absent some sort of worse crash that we just went through and for all we know we will again. If the correct price was your thing, and last week was not the correct price, then there is no “right” price as it comes to Nvidia.

Tinker

19 Likes

You’re probably right about last week’s price. The problem was that I was holding shares I bought at higher prices - $270 and $225 - and didn’t have money to buy last week. :slight_smile:

As of a few days ago it was selling for 15x next year’s earnings and 22 or so times this years.

At the lows it was ~20.5x next year’s earnings, but I know you use wildly different numbers than Bloomberg EPS in your…uhh, guesstimates.

I was lucky/smart enough to get in within minutes of the bottom.

Long NVDA,

1 Like

That is because unlike Bloomberg my numbers tend to be accurate.

Tinker

5 Likes