NVDA: Jetson Xavier to robots at edge

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nvidia-arrow-electronics-brin…

NVIDIA and Arrow Electronics Bring New Jetson Xavier AI Computer to World’s Largest Industrial Markets

NVIDIA and Arrow Electronics, Inc. today announced they are bringing NVIDIA® Jetson™ Xavier™, a first-of-its-kind computer designed for AI, robotics and edge computing, to companies worldwide to create next-generation autonomous machines.

The collaboration combines NVIDIA’s world-leading AI capabilities with Arrow’s global roster of industrial customers and its broad support network of engineers and designers. This opens the door to the development and deployment of AI solutions for manufacturing, logistics, smart cities, healthcare and more.

“We are entering a new era of intelligent machines that will supercharge industries from manufacturing to healthcare,” said Deepu Talla, vice president and general manager of Autonomous Machines at NVIDIA. “NVIDIA and Arrow are working together to ensure that the unmatched AI capabilities of the Jetson Xavier platform reach deep into the global marketplace with first-class technical support and design.”…

NVDA continue to introduce products at a lighting fast pace. Now Jetson Xavier to enable anything that moves at the edge. I think it will start with larger machines that need to “think” to makes certain process more efficient and to enable new applications. The value for many use cases will bring down costs for companies in many industries. In my opinion, when the Jetson technology becomes more miniaturized then the number of applications and devices that can utilize it will grow exponentially. As I have said before, I think that NVDA’s value will increase the most from application of AI at the edge. Technology advancements and product introductions are continuing which will enable more and more adoption.

Chris

14 Likes

This is why I keep hanging onto NVDA, stuff like this. I also like reading stuff like this because I work for ARM, and we’re doing our own push to put machine learning at-the-edge. Will be very interesting to see how this all shakes out in 3-5 years.