NVDA warns

Preliminary second quarter revenue of $6.70 billion versus outlook of $8.10 billion
Shortfall versus outlook primarily driven by weaker Gaming revenue… Gaming revenue was $2.04 billion, down 44% sequentially and down 33% from the prior year. Data Center revenue was $3.81 billion, up 1% sequentially and up 61% from the prior year.

NVDA started down 8%, now settling around 4%-5% down. AMD down 1%

IMO, the “gaming revenue” is mostly due to crypto demand falling.

https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-prelimin…

3 Likes

“Gaming” as euphemism for “gambling” then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Antonio,

No. Rather, people are using “gaming” computer systems to “mine” cryptocurrencies.

Norm.

Rather, people are using “gaming” computer systems to “mine” cryptocurrencies.

if you’ve ever invested in crypto… it’s basically gambling. :slight_smile: And choosing to mine this or that currency with lots of gear and money on electricity etc. in the hopes that you’ll get a payoff is definitely gambling.

1 Like

Antonio,

No. Rather, people are using “gaming” computer systems to “mine” cryptocurrencies.

Norm.

… Rather Nvidia was telling investors they were not crypto mining focused while quietly selling bulk GPUs directly to large mining operations. So when crypto collapsed, so did their “gaming” GPU sales.

Mark

1 Like

It could also genuinely be the supply chain availability of gaming PCs/Consoles that just haven’t been available to purchase. They seem to be completely out of stock in the last few quarters.

A