OKTA CEO On Cramer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQxv35DqOk

7 Likes

I love this - they went from a 6,000 person “in person” event to a 16,000 person online event for Oktane 2020.

Alex

3 Likes

I love this - they went from a 6,000 person “in person” event to a 16,000 person online event for Oktane 2020.

DOCU said the same. They noted 5X the normal number of participants at this year’s virtual conference. That’s pretty impressive, though it’s hard to calculate how much of this effect would remain if business execs were no longer such a captive audience.

1 Like

How much of this increase viewership will disappear once isolation in place is removed? My investing decisions are currently biased towards companies saving significant money by keeping employees on site, with an acceptable challenge closing deals from losing face to face transactions. What do others think… ?

Dwight,
Long Alteryx, CrowdStrike, Zoom, Datadog

DOCU said the same. They noted 5X the normal number of participants at this year’s virtual conference

I would suspect that a lot more people can attend if they don’t have to pay for travel, hotel, restaurants, etc, and don’t have to be away from home, office etc. It’s a no brainer.

15 Likes

I would suspect that a lot more people can attend if they don’t have to pay for travel, hotel, restaurants, etc, and don’t have to be away from home, office etc. It’s a no brainer.

This is probably true. However, since it was free to sign up, you will get a lot of people sign up because they are only interested in one or a few of the talks. I’m an example of this as I signed up for free only because I wanted to hear the keynote address. I also spent 3 hour tuned into the Investor Day from 11am to 2pm PT on Wednesday but this was a separate event from Octane20.

Chris

1 Like

This is probably true. However, since it was free to sign up, you will get a lot of people sign up because they are only interested in one or a few of the talks.

Hi Chris, I think a customer company might send just one or two IT people if they have to travel, pay for hotels, etc, but might tell most of their IT department to tune in if they want to if it is free and on line. It’s not only convenient, but if there is an IT emergency at home they’ll be there to react to it.
Saul

2 Likes