OKTA

OKTA got downgraded today and it is reporting this Thursday.
What is the prognosis for the upcoming report? Is it going up? Or down? Down like NTNX? Or up like MELI? Or somewhere in between?

I actually looked at OKTA earning reactions for the last several quarters during the weekend. Each time it’s up after earning. So planned to buy today no matter what. Got lucky to buy at lower price.

1 Like

A report shorting ZS came out right before they announced earnings last week. A similar report shorting ANET before they announced the week before.

“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.” -Abraham Lincoln

Max
-Long OKTA

7 Likes

Is it going up? Or down?

Most definitely.

🆁🅶🅱
wordlessly watching, he waits by the window and wonders…

1 Like

Re: “I actually looked at OKTA earning reactions for the last several quarters during the weekend. Each time it’s up after earning.

It’s funny, if you look at a multi year chart that shows earnings dates the stock price is usually down in the weeks/months following earnings so I wondered about your statement. Then I looked at the price the day after earnings and noticed that you’re right, it’s usually up!

I’m in this for the long term but a trader would probably sell the news the day after earnings and buy back three to eight weeks later. Of course, “Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Take care,

VR_Robear

Reminder, earnings are March 7th after the market closes.
The CC is tomorrow at 5pm PST and can be accessed here:
https://investor.okta.com/events/event-details/q4-fy-2019-ok…