Ordering color prints

Board query:
We’re looking for a new source to have color prints made.

We’ve used Walgreen’s kiosk services in the past, but around here (in OC So California) it seems they have let their service decay.

Ordering on line via Shutterfly has gone off the charts expensive, not the least of which are their shipping and handling fees that can be up to 35% of the total charge.

Where do folks go now for color prints?

Residing in LA County, after Costco shut down its photo centers, I’ve been using the large photo center at my local Walmart and have been quite satisfied with their photo quality, fast services, low prices and helpful staff. Check out this site.
https://photos3.walmart.com/about/prints#

Regards,
Ray

2 Likes

Ray-
Thanks… we didn’t even think about trusty old WM…

We have two large stores that are convenient to shop…

We’ll give them a try.

Unless Costco shutdown their print service recently.

• Costco in Orange County for day-to-day simple prints.
  • Irvine Pro Photo Connection for custom work, odd sizes, high quality, metal
  • Bay Photo for bulk jobs

Unless Costco shutdown their print service recently.

- Costco in Orange County for day-to-day simple prints.

They have closed down the in-store departments.

Costco Photo Centers Are Closed - Now What?

It’s true: as of February 14, 2021, Costco has closed the photo departments in all local warehouses. Cue the tears.

That means there is no longer a photo counter in your local Costco - there is no way to make orders, print photo, or pick up products in-store. I’m seriously bummed about this!

That being said, Costco WILL still let you print photos on their website and have them shipped to you.

https://snaphappymom.com/options-for-printing-photos/

Where do folks go now for color prints?

Walgreens, especially with a coupon. I used to use Walmart, but they constantly have “printer issues” preventing the photos from being printed on site. They arrive from another store in a couple days, but they still charge you the One Hour price.

2 Likes