OT: A way to help prevent human trafficking.

(Saul, since this is your board, as it were, I will also defer to you, if you so wish.)
My apologies in advance if this is deemed inappropriate. I’ll happily “censor” my own post if the Fool deems it so.

If not…

I’m asking for anyone interested in donating to a mission trip to Ethiopia, happening in February 2015, to check out the links below. I will participate with about 20 other folks.

More info.
https://www.purecharity.com/davidh2ethiopia

A way to donate.
https://www.purecharity.com/fundraisers/8226/fund

We will

• share information regarding human trafficking in the area, in which families send their children away, fooled into beleiving they will work in the city and send back money to the family. Instead, the children are trafficked into other countries, for multiple unspeakable purposes.

• provide chickens to local families as a way to provide sustainable income.

• do traditional “missionary” work.

-FrickNFool (who has never participated in a trip like the before, nor never posted a message like this one)

5 Likes

David,

I was deeply moved viewing your video on your website. It is obvious to me you will be participating in something very special that is life changing indeed. Both for you and the people you will be ministering to.

I encourage others who have been blessed financially from this board to look at what David is about to do.

Thank you for sharing.

Jim

(Saul, since this is your board, as it were, I will also defer to you, if you so wish.) My apologies in advance if this is deemed inappropriate. I’ll happily “censor” my own post if the Fool deems it so. If not…I’m asking for anyone interested in donating to a mission trip to Ethiopia, happening in February 2015, to check out the links below. I will participate with about 20 other folks.

Hi FrickNFool, This sounds very important to you so I don’t mind, but I’d appreciate if people responding to you do it directly so as to not fill up the board with OT posts. (To respond directly to FrickNFool, hit “post reply” on his message (not mine), then after writing your reply, below the “submit message” button you’ll see 3 possible click spots. Hit “e-mail this reply to author” and uncheck “post this reply to the boards”).

But FrickNFool, be careful! Ethiopia is in an area surrounded by countries with pirates holding people for ransom, civil wars, extremist groups, and all the rest. I think you are very brave!

Saul

2 Likes