OT but important message

Listen I’m doing this because I think it’s very important to share this information and this board has a very large following.

I’ve told you that my brother in law is a top guy at Cedars Sinai here in Los Angeles.

I just had a family video chat with our families and at the end we stayed on and I asked him a few questions.

So two nights ago they had 7 cases. Two nights later they have 31. Essentially they have been doubling daily. Before the first case came in the hospital they already had no spare ventilators as they were all used by other patients needing them. They freed up a couple and more are coming in, but you do the math.

By early next week they are predicting that the hospital will be overwhelmed with cases. He’s very stressed and very worried. He said to me “this is war”.

This isn’t going away any time soon. This truly could be a devastating pandemic and the worst case scenarios could come true.

Be careful, social distance and wash your hands and keep your immune system at its peak. Eat right, get plenty of sleep and drink warm fluids.

TMB

32 Likes

This will be my only post on the subject as it is clearly OT. Please stop trying to blame someone for the pandemic. Whether you believe it is overblown or the beginning of the end, everyone seems to agree that the virus exists and is dangerous to some.

Spend less time trying to prove you’re right or criticize others for believing something else. At a minimum, do the basics with regard to limiting infection. Listen to your local leaders. Think about your family, your community. If you believe this will all blow over, do you want to risk the life of a loved one over not washing your hands or staying a home a bit more? If you’re sick, stay home and away from other people.

Stop perseverating on how many tests we have, who’s getting tested, what it costs, what numbers from where are trustworthy. Let the medical professionals worry about getting tests for those who need it. Don’t worry about making the right prediction or convincing others your prediction is right. We are all in this together. Let’s just agree to disagree, always be prepared, at least do the basics in preventing the spread of disease, and respect one another. The virus and the healthcare system will treat you the same whether you thought it’s just a nasty cold or if you were being the drums stocking up on toilet paper and bottled water.

42 Likes

Before the first case came in the hospital they already had no spare ventilators as they were all used by other patients needing them. >>

A link to a post I made on the MI Board:

https://discussion.fool.com/ot-no-ventilator-shortage-here-34445…

Alan