OT: If CO2 were declared a pollutant...

… people breathing out will be put in jail.

If methane (CH4) were declared a pollutant people emitting gas on the back end will also wind up in jail.

Why not add a hydrogen sulfide (H2S) stink tax?

The Captain

6 Likes

Not sure why that was posted.

CO2 has long been considered a pollutant. The Supremes took that as fact according to the NYT.

1 Like

All this talk of CO2, CH4, and H2S made me think about my drive earlier this morning. I drove past a hair salon and noticed it was called H2O. If you were going to use a chemical name anyway, wouldn’t it make more sense to name a hair salon H2O2?

Pete

3 Likes

Ridiculous. That’s the same lame argument against universal health care where people say “if we make health care a right then we’ll make doctors be slaves, because we will need doctors to fulfill that public right”.

1 Like

Is METaR humor challenged? LOL

The Captain

1 Like

That’s the same lame argument against universal health care where people say “if we make health care a right then we’ll make doctors be slaves, because we will need doctors to fulfill that public right”.

Hi bjurasz!

Please note that there is a BIG difference between making healthcare a “right” (in the US Constitution) versus Congress passing laws that provide healthcare for everyone.

IMHO, if one feels strongly that UHC should be a Constitutional “right”, then the amendment process should be followed…not the judicial “discovery” process of creating a new “right” out of thin air.

Just my $.02 and I understand that you and other may feel differently.

Cheers!
Murph

2 Likes

Murph,

Totally agree with all of that.

If it is wanted run it through congress.

And Murph do not bet against that.