OT: OT: Board Name Change (blockchain)

I recommend we change the board name to Saul’s Blockchain Discussions. Our stock price will go up 400% in one day and we will all be rich.

It is proven that you just need a name change, or to say you will think about thinking about moving into block chain. Today Long Island Tea (LTEA) changed its name to Long Blockchain and the stock shot up from about $2 to $14 (briefly)

Long Fin (LFIN) went public at $5, the next day they bought Ziddu.com (crypo currency) and the stock touched $146. The CEO was on CNBC and even admitted the price was “insane”. The blockchain will change the world, but these companies won’t.

http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?RIOT,LTE…
SEC halted trading on CRCW, it went from $11 to a high above $640

We all know this is a super bubble and it will be fun to watch as it explodes and we keep investing in real compaines. Andrew Left is already betting against RIOT and GBTC, the bit coin trust.

The Fool Rule Breaker podcast has had two (good) podcasts on it and they also sold a completely new service on investing in it and associated stocks. And this recent Article:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/12/16/3-stocks-investing…

Prediction: when everyone is off work Christmas week, we will see a lot of movement in blockchain stocks, which is not much of a prediction since they are already showing lots of movement.

*I had mixed feelings about posting this, but it might make a fun break. Let’s not go too deep as it does not fit this board.

7 Likes

Today’s hype job. LTEA name goes from Long Island Ice Tea to Long Blockchain Corp and was/is up 513%.
I’m a day trader but won’t touch these.

Rob

2 Likes

I’m a day trader but won’t touch these.

Admit it, you’ve considered it. :slight_smile:

I’d hate to pay taxes on a gain of 16x in one year, but if I had to,
I would. It’s not hard to see why people are interested. This all
reminds me of a chain letter decades ago, except I expect some form
of digital currency (hopefully not the government’s) will still be
around in 2025. Can’t say the same about the infamous chain letter.

No, guys. It was not a BLOCKchain letter. (Those are quite valuable.)

I admit it. I’ve considered taking a thousand bucks and putting it
on cryptocurrency just for the stories I could tell. (Well that and
I need a new Corvette.)

Dan

2 Likes

"I’m a day trader but won’t touch these.

Admit it, you’ve considered it. :slight_smile:

I’d hate to pay taxes on a gain of 16x in one year, but if I had to,
I would. It’s not hard to see why people are interested. This all
reminds me of a chain letter decades ago, except I expect some form
of digital currency (hopefully not the government’s) will still be
around in 2025. Can’t say the same about the infamous chain letter."

I have to say I was told about Bitcoin back in 2012. My nephew then at Stanford told me about them when they were about $20/bitcoin but I didn’t “get” it. Maybe not quite the level of the 1st bitcoin transaction of 10,000 for one pizza, but close enough!

Rob