OT: Zoom Mania

I know this OT, but I couldn’t resist. This article is from the Fidelity website, I’m not sure it’s available to the general public.

In a nutshell, there is an OTC stock with the ticker ZOOM. a $100 bet on ZOOM a month ago at $0.005 would be worth $84,000 dollars today. My guess is that none of the regulars on this board got on board with ZOOM. There appears to be a large contingency of “investors” who have not foggiest notion of what they are doing.

https://www.fidelity.com/news/article/company-news/201904181…

18 Likes

In a nutshell, there is an OTC stock with the ticker ZOOM. a $100 bet on ZOOM a month ago at $0.005 would be worth $84,000 dollars today. My guess is that none of the regulars on this board got on board with ZOOM. There appears to be a large contingency of “investors” who have not foggiest notion of what they are doing. – brittlerock

I’ve seen that sort of thing happen before.

A potential future opportunity to gamble on a stampede of rookie investors… look for similar sounding companies and be carried along by the herd for a day or two… just don’t gamble with much.

Rob
Rule Breaker / Market Pass Home Fool & STMP/MTH Maintenance Coverage Fool
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

3 Likes

A potential future opportunity to gamble on a stampede of rookie investors… look for similar sounding companies and be carried along by the herd for a day or two

or short “ZOOM” from here and hope it rides back down to a penny as people realize they don’t own what they think they own.

I just looked to see if it’s possible to buy puts, but looks like no options on ZOOM, too bad. I won’t bother shorting it myself, although it looks tempting

2 Likes