Patriot National earnings

Just saw a summary of the earnings report. I’ve only given it a cursory look, but it looks pretty good:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/patriot-national-reports-reco…

Speedy

3 Likes

Ah, but SA says they “missed EPS by $0.02”. Not sure what that is based on, exactly; maybe the Almighty Consensus?

They didn’t previously provide Q1 guidance that I could find, only FY2016, which they reaffirmed:

Total Fee Income $270 - $280
GAAP Net Income $24 - $30
Adjusted Earnings $28 - $34
Adjusted EBITDA $73 - $78
Operating Cash Flows $48 - $54

So… you know what that means. Serious hammer time tomorrow. They’ll probably drop a good 5-6%. #smh

Cheers,
Mj

Great! I look forward to a 7% drop in stock price for good earning reports. :wink:

Then there is this:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/patriot-national-posts-1q-pro…

Speedy

1 Like

Not sure how to interpret the 6.5% spike in the last 15 minutes of trading. Did something leak early? Just the usual small cap, pre-earnings volatility?

Not saying I’m complaining (I have a small long position). But I guess we’ll see how much, if any, Mr. Market takes back tomorrow.

They call me,
Mr TBS

Am I the only “fool” on here who thinks PN’s stock price may actually go up tomorrow?

It might be a good day tomorrow:

Patriot National Q1 Revenue Tops Analyst Expectations, Guides FY16 EPS At Least $0.04 Per Share Above Consensus
4:44 PM ET, 05/12/2016 - MT Newswires

04:44 PM EDT, 05/12/2016 (MT Newswires) – Technology services company Patriot National (PN) recorded mixed Q1 financial results, including net income for the three months ended March 31 of $5.8 million, or $0.21 per share, improving on an $0.18 per share profit last year but still missing the analyst mean compiled by Capital IQ expecting $0.23 per share.

On a GAAP basis, the company earned $3.4 million, or $0.12 per share, reversing a $4.8 million net loss during the same quarter last year.

Total revenues rose 50% over year-ago levels to $64.6 million, beating the $62.35 million consensus call.

Patriot late Thursday also reaffirmed its FY16 outlook, projecting adjusted net income of $28 million to $34 million. With around 27.4 million shares outstanding, that works out to a non-GAAP profit between $1.02 to $1.24 per basic share, compared with the Street view looking for per-share net income of $0.98 this year.

PN shares were steady at $7.83 each in after-hours trading, earlier finishing today’s regular session with a 1.8% gain.

Price: 7.83, Change: , Percent Change:

Speedy - no one knows day to day what is going to happen. That doesn’t stop us from wanting to know though - you’re not alone.