PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE

Luckily I learned from that debacle. I’ve never paid the slightest attention to Tinker since … Following even smart people blindly is stupid. Following stupid people is really, really stupid.

PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE ON THIS BOARD!

Saul

75 Likes

Hizzah, Saul!

I would love to see an experiment with this board. You have to pay to join. And posters could get micro-payments instead of recs. So we each pay, say $250 - which is a farcical fraction compared to the value. And we each have to spend $250 per year on recs which are now micro-payments. Both the Fool and Saul get a % take on all transactions. And Saul can delete posts that don’t meet the board’s criteria. Everybody wins. It requires no extra work for Saul. Quality will go even higher, people get paid for their valuable contributions, the Fool adds a revenue stream and unFoolish nuisances will be virtually eradicated. This is not about greed, but quality. I think this idea, rolled out Fooldom-wide, would be killer. Capitalism at its finest.

Apology for this being half OT, but I value this board greatly and feel this idea would make the board even better. Especially as its audience grows.

2 Likes

Especially as its audience grows.

I don’t pay for chatting.

Denny Schlesinger

7 Likes

The method of micropayment will be “SaulCoin”, you heard it here first!

Patrick

4 Likes

Ben Franklin said time is money. So I would say you do. A lot. I do too. The idea is not to pay for “chatting” but to run a simple experiment to see if quality goes up, further enriching us all. And it could just be an option for select boards/blogs within this great community. So no downside to anyone who feels this is a bad idea. Worth considering how many people there are who have great insights like Saul, but literally can’t afford to invest hours and hours posting valuable information.

1 Like

Thank you Saul!

Wayne

So the internet services, phone services you use for chatting are free? :slight_smile: LOL

I seem to remember a time when the MF charged a token amount to use the boards, to improve quality. Does anyone else remember that? (I left during that time.) I don’t see a reason to try it again.

The original post I referred to has been deleted.

Thanks for your understanding,

Saul

4 Likes

Does anyone else remember that?

When I joined in 2001 the boards were not free. You got credits for recs and for posts of the day. After the first year I don’t think I paid anymore.

Denny Schlesinger