Poll: Which is true for YOU?

As an employee, which is true for YOU?

1.- Proud! When you get the best work out of employees, the employees look back at that time fondly and are proud of the work they did.

2.- Money! When you get the most profitable work out of employees, they look back and say I should have asked for more money.

• Pround
  • Money
  • I never worked in my life

0 voters

Looking at the questions, it seems to me the post should have started…
“As an employer, which is best for YOU?”

Getting the best work, or the most profitable work “out of employees”, is something an employer says. Not necessarily an employee.

I’m sure some contributors on this board were/are employers. Others were/are not.

• Pete
3 Likes

Looking at the questions, it seems to me the post should have started…
“As an employer, which is best for YOU?”

The questions were taken from a previous post that expressed an opinion. I though it would be interesting to see the opinion of the workers doing these jobs. But then, are workers anything more than disposable drones?

The Captain

I’m sure some contributors on this board were/are employers. Others were/are not.

You are missing out an important category, those that were both, worker and employer! You have to ask why some can make the grade and others not.

The Captain

No one would go to work if they weren’t getting paid. However, one refrain I have heard many times after an someone quits is “you couldn’t pay me enough to work there.”

So while money is nice, a jerk boss/working environment negates financial compensation.

10 Likes

I think there is no question that sense of accomplishment is part of job satisfaction. Those who help create something monumental deserve to be proud.

Pressures, others claiming credit for your work, low pay, etc are negatives.

You have to balance all the issues to arrive at job satisfaction and how you feel about a given position.

4 Likes

Captain no matter how you spell it I am pround.

1 Like

High pay employees and bad bosses results in poor results for the company and bad employee feelings about the work they did.

Low pay employees and bad bosses results in even worse results for the company and even worse employee feelings about the work they did.

Low pay employees and good bosses results in average results for the company and good employee feelings about the work they did.

High pay employees and good bosses results in superior results for the company and superior employee feelings about the work they did.

Jaak

1 Like