Project Sunrise

Qantus has ordered 12 specially-modified Airbus A350-1000s with the extended range to cover the 20-hour non-stop flight from London to Sydney.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/qantas-project-sunrise-new-cab…

intercst

2 Likes

For folks who ‘must’ travel to down under, a ‘mere’ 20 hours is a blessing.

(Just how many can there possibly be??? London to Sydney.)

In a past life, on flights that were ‘only’ 12, 13 hours are (were), for me, very disorienting. Needed a full half day at the destination end to re-orient.

1 Like

In a past life, on flights that were ‘only’ 12, 13 hours are (were), for me, very disorienting. Needed a full half day at the destination end to re-orient.

Yes, but since you are likely crossing the international date line you can gain a day so you come out ahead!

:slight_smile:

Mike

1 Like

A former resident of this board, Harmy, talked of his post-war move from the UK to New Zealand, by ship. I forget how many weeks it took. And they had to make a reservation weeks in advance to get a telephone circuit for a quick call to relatives back in the UK to let them know he and his wife had arrived safely in NZ.

Steve

A former resident of this board, Harmy, talked of his post-war move from the UK to New Zealand…

Not sure that Harmy would be happy to be remembered as a Kiwi. He is/was from Brisbane, Australia.

Last seen in these parts in 2016:
https://discussion.fool.com/just-wandering-past-32476598.aspx?so…

DB2

Not sure that Harmy would be happy to be remembered as a Kiwi. He is/was from Brisbane, Australia.

It has been a number of years, but I recall him telling the story of his move from the UK, and it was to NZ, moving to Australia later.

Steve

It has been a number of years, but I recall him telling the story of his move from the UK, and it was to NZ, moving to Australia later.

Ah, you are right; he moved to Australia after both his children moved there.

DB2