Puzzle time

Identify the mystery stock “The king of drone stocks” for hopefully some meaningful discussion as a reward. The following description used as a teaser for a financial newsletter;

How it’s already handed investors 1,679% gains in five years
Why it’s set to deliver another quarter of breakout earnings growth
Why now is the perfect time to own it before the FAA approves the delivery of products in the U.S. and its stock price doubles investors money again.

more; Quarter sales growth of 73%
Quarterly earnings growth of 253%
One-year profits of 253%
Two-year profits of 563%
Five-year profits of 1,679%

This is just the beginning as analysts estimate the company’s sales will jump from $6 million this year to $50 million in 2017 as the market explodes.
end of description
my comments;
I have no idea what the stock is (unless it is AMBA) but I am reasonably certain that some of you will. There used to be a financial forum that I visited years ago that used to post teasers like this and then readers would try to figure out what the name of the stock was. I found it pretty interesting but I can not recall the name of the forum and so have lost track of it. I do not have a lot of time available to be online so I likely will not be able to contribute much to this thread.

I’m sorry but any company referred to as the “King of Drones Stocks” can’t have sales of only $6M this year. This is assuming that they are talking about the sales of the entire company and not just the sales into the drone market. Still, if the drone market is worth $1B or more now, how can a stock with 0.6% market share be called the king?

2 Likes

I don’t know the mystery stock but regarding: There used to be a financial forum that I visited years ago that used to post teasers like this and then readers would try to figure out what the name of the stock was.

You may be thinking of www.stockgumshoe.com

1 Like

My initial guess is AVAV, the only pure play I know.

But your quotes are from a Louis Navillier teaser page
https://order.investorplace.com/?sid=BJ9649&en=4779890

With 253% earnings growth last quarter and two-year gains of 563%, this is a stock I want you to buy today. It’s an easy double, and the sky is the limit from there.

Two reasons:

We are at the tipping point of a powerful, bold new drone revolution.
This company has carved out a critical niche as an innovator in video technologies, with contracts in place with the leading drone makers, including DJI and GoPro.
When I think that the world’s biggest drone manufacturers ALL rely on video technologies for pilots to fly them…

So that part of the tease is definitely AMBA

I could not get it to find a link for gumshoe. Gumshoe is prettey good at nailing the MF teasers.

1 Like

It would help me figure it out if you’d give me that link or the full text.

Alex

1 Like

the key to quadricopter drones has been that they don’t need a pilot to do most of the flying. The sensors can do what would take a human months of time and many expensive crashes to learn. And they enable out of line of sight flight
Unstabilized drones are really hard to fly unless you are 16 and spent much of that time playing video games.

Drones will be regulated.

3 Likes