Q regarding Financial sources

Hello Saul and other Human Investing Friends,

Monkey is curious (like his friend George) what financial data sources you find easiest, most accurate, and most data worthy.

So say you want to look up the last twelve quarters of revenue for company Bananas Inc. Without thinking, you go to ___________________ first, and then maybe to _____________________ second.

This isn’t intended to be a trick question, but Monkey’s taking a look-see at all his methods and trying to upgrade to the best-in-biz tools and doesn’t want old habits interfering with future decisions. Since there are so many financial sites from which to suck up data, Monkey thought he’d ask all the big brains on this board first.

Humbly Yours,

Monkey
LL and TTWO ticker guide

p.s. for whatever bananas it’s worth, Monkey finds LL’s stock to be a truly intriguing investment right now––not without risk, quite obviously, but a grotesque troll that, odds are high, will in several quarters’ time reveal itself to be an above-average swan… is that what y’all call metaphors?

2 Likes

So say you want to look up the last twelve quarters of revenue for company Bananas Inc.

Hey Monkey, great to see you here! Saul goes straight to the company’s press releases for data. No other data sources have been found to be consistently accurate, at least when looking at adjusted EPS.

I highly recommend checking out Saul’s Knowledgebase, which is linked on the right side of the page – a lot of great info in it.

Neil

3 Likes

Monkey is curious (like his friend George) what financial data sources you find easiest, most accurate, and most data worthy.

Dear Monkey,

For quick looks I use Fidelity research:

https://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearch/landing.jhtml

The data there I found pretty accurate. If I need a deep dive I go with the company SEC filings.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Charlie

I have been pretty happy with the accuracy of Schwab’s data, although I have found occasional errors in non-GAAP EPS. At least, they seem to be errors, not some made up number unrelated to what the company has said. They claim to be fixing the ones I have reported.

Monkey,

How is Tilson et al. (aka LL shorts) are doing? I’ve been following LL for a while but decided to just stay on the sidelines. I remember LL took another dive around $19 and then I stopped there. Any updates?

Thank you,
Hex

Hi,
I am new at this, but if I want a quick glance I have been using TMF’s CAP stocks info (basically the ticker search bar). Mostly because I’m already at the website. I know there are errors and some stocks are updated quicker than others, but I like the quick glance it gives me and am used to the way it presents information.

I also use seekingalpha if I want quicker data, but if I’m doing a more thorough analysis, I use EDGAR and the company website investor’s relationship links.

Kevin’s 1YPEG chart is fantastic as well. A lot of the time the current reported data for stocks I am interested in is already there and the visual/linear representation of it is very helpful to me.

Now it’s your turn! share with us what you use :slight_smile:

Robert

Hi Monkey,

Monkey is curious (like his friend George) …

Does that make Saul the man in the yellow hat?

… what financial data sources you find easiest, most accurate, and most data worthy.

Company press releases, which tend to be pretty easy to find on a company’s website. Next I would check Kevin’s excellent spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H_v6WOjFi81rM3TH9ZHS…

Go bananas!

Chris

1 Like