"quad" code

On your boarding pass…if it’s “SSSS”, you will probably have issues at TSA.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/what-to-know-if-an-ssss-cod…

The screening was extensive: My partner and I were separated from our shoes, coats, and electronics; asked to pass through a metal detector and body scanner; and then subjected to a full-body pat down. Our hands and feet were swabbed for trace explosives. Every inch of our carry-ons was unpacked and scrutinized; same for the checked luggage. The TSA agents were polite and professional, but the delay nearly caused us to miss our flight.

1 Like

On your boarding pass…if it’s “SSSS”, you will probably have issues at TSA.

oh, yes, the Super Secret Special Search!

I have not seen that since 2010? maybe

SInce i no longer print boarding passes, IDK how it shows up on eticket/app scanning
used to get it all the time, when i changed my flight home on the same day.
I had a good rapport with a couple TSA agents, one of whom was extremely, umm, thorough with her SSSS of me, and I was always asking if we could have dinner first, one day…

Did not know it was still a thing.

peace & SSSS
t

2 Likes

Got hit with that from Panama to SFO but not on the leg from Costa Rica to Panama. My husband didn’t.

Very strange. They held my passport and talked in Spanish for awhile. Clearly, they didn’t know what to do. My husband had the carry on. So, I didn’t have any luggage to search.

1 Like

Got hit with that from Panama to SFO but not on the leg from Costa Rica to Panama. My husband didn’t.

it’s a US Homeland security thing-
so you’ll get it within the US, and/or returning to the US, but other countries have their own system of security analysis.

Just as when one is interviewed at the gate somewhere in EU. The departing country doesn’t care if one leaves- it’s the US requesting information prior to one getting on a plane for entry & customs.

peace & border patrols
t

2 Likes