RB recommendations are out

Saul you’ve done it again. Congrats!

(Note to everyone, don’t post the stock name on this board. Cheers.)

5 Likes

How many does this make?

There were a lot in 2013 especially, but I didn’t keep track.

I don’t subscribe to RB, so I can guess…but you can’t say if I am right.

When SA makes a pick, it can often result in a big move with volume is the stock is smallish. Looking thru Saul’s list I didn’t see a particularly big move, but SWKS did have the biggest of all of them, up 1.64% on a down day for the markets. Volume on SWKS was lower than average and lower than day before. Plus I don’t really see them as a Rule Breaker

http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/gallery.html?swks

On the other hand, INBK could certainly be considered a RB stock and it was up almost 3%. Its volume was average and at the same level as yesterday, so still not a clear sign. So that will be my vote.

For chart watchers it has been toying with the 50dma and finished about it today. I recently had what I would call a strong breakout from the $25 level on strong volume. It ran up to almost $40 and then started this recent base/consolidation. By Black-flash-Monday it had alread come well off its highs and was barely affected that day. Since it has traded sideways. This is the kind of stock we like to have when the market gets done with its “flu” and gets out of bed for the next run.

I have some cash that has been waiting and this is one near the top of my list. Hmmm.

ABMD has a beauty setup forming. You don’t have to play the chart game, both stocks are “(near) conviction” picks on this board.

3 Likes

Maybe it is just me, but this feels like some of you are having a “secret” discussion that the rest of us cannot participate in. I understand the need to keep RB selections out of the “free” boards, but it still feels divisive.

22 Likes

Maybe it is just me, but this feels like some of you are having a “secret” discussion that the rest of us cannot participate in. I understand the need to keep RB selections out of the “free” boards, but it still feels divisive. – dovbgood

It’s a “problem” you can solve. You’ve been provided with links to low cost subscriptions. You can subscribe. The amount isn’t going to break any investors. :slight_smile:

And you’ll find a lot of additional discussion on the subscription boards that doesn’t happen here. Different views. Additional analysis. Always useful to consider alternatives!

Rob

21 Likes

"Maybe it is just me, but this feels like some of you are having a “secret” discussion that the rest of us cannot participate in. I understand the need to keep RB selections out of the “free” boards, but it still feels divisive. "

While this is a free board it is supported by MF and given that we discuss a lot of MF suggestions I think it is magnanimous of them to support this board.

Given the fact that a subscription to both RB and SA can be bought for as little as $100 combined for the year I think that it is reasonable that to be privy to the full discussion that one purchases the newsletter. After all it is not fair to those that are purchasing if the recs are handed out willy nilly. Although this is a superb board there are a lot of good boards within the news letter that make the $100 purchase a very reasonable purchase in and of its own right.

12 Likes

Anyone can signup for a trial membership of Rule Breakers. If you don’t like it, you can cancel within 30 days and get your money back. Signup and take a look around. You might like it.

Wise guy

1 Like

The price is $98.00 for 2 years which makes it $49.00 per year for either RB or SA or both for $98.00 per year. You should not be investing if you cannot afford that amount.

Htownrich

1 Like

You’ve been provided with links to low cost subscriptions.

May I ask where these are, I’ve only been reading this board for a short time.

Regards

Unwize

Unwize -

here you go:

http://discussion.fool.com/no-need-to-look-around-neil-stock-adv…

Greg
DAR & LUK Ticker Guide

See all of CMFGalapagos’s holdings here:
http://my.fool.com/profile/CMFGalapagos/info.aspx

Dovbgood,
I get what you are saying, but really I think this post was more to celebrate Saul on this (his) board, not to make someone feel left out or divisive.

I think it’s important to celebrate success, and offer kind words of encouragement, especially in a difficult sector like financial management.

Let’s not make this about us, but be grateful and thankful for what this board has done and already given us.

Cheers,
Robert

PS. Congrats Saul! and thanks TMF for supporting free boards. Your generosity worked on me, I subscribed to RB’s shortly after finding this board.

19 Likes

Maybe it is just me, but this feels like some of you are having a “secret” discussion that the rest of us cannot participate in. I understand the need to keep RB selections out of the “free” boards, but it still feels divisive.

Hi dovbgood, I think what nobody made clear was that one of the latest MF RB recommendations was for a stock that I’d been advocating for some time, and that this has happened often enough that people were congratulating me. I can see how you would feel excluded though if you weren’t aware what was going on. Sorry.
Saul

4 Likes

I can see how you would feel excluded though if you weren’t aware what was going on.

Yes, that’s true. Dovbgood could easily feel excluded, as no one is mentioning that stock that was just recommended by RB. However, dovbgood, you haven’t been excluded from any discussion on this board of that stock, the reasons Saul and others like it, what are its virtues, etc. All that you have been excluded from is knowing that Rule Breakers has also just recommended it, so they like it too. But all the reasons people here on this board like it are in the posts here, plain for you to see and read about!

okapimoon

1 Like

Honestly, don’t get too excited over the discussion of a new Rule Breaker pick that is one of Saul’s favorites. It’s not that big of a deal!!!

And with NO disrespect to Saul, I don’t believe that the Fool’s picks come directly from Saul’s board either. If I have been reading carefully enough, nearly all of Saul’s picks are filtered from Fool services (there may be some exceptions with the new YPEG screener). But I would imagine that the new Rule Breaker pick was featured in another Fool service before being picked up by Saul or Rule Breakers. I have seen this happen with another favorite stock, it was recommended in a premium service, Saul picked it for his portfolio and later it was picked up by another service.

Really no biggie in my book. It is always fun to see our favorite stocks highlighted in the community, but the companies themselves should provide enough pleasure and excitement.

Karen

The biggest bonus is that for members of Rule Breakers who like this stock, there will be a new discussion board over there to chat about the company and there will be a larger community of people who have the chance to participate and take notice.

Karen

P.S. Saul has a great filter for the Fool service recommendations, focusing on his method and priorities. For those of us who struggle with all the choices out there, it’s great to see an example of the field getting winnowed down (and performing so well)!

1 Like

Maybe it is just me, but this feels like some of you are having a “secret” discussion that the rest of us cannot participate in. I understand the need to keep RB selections out of the “free” boards, but it still feels divisive.</>

If you don’t want to feel left out, pay for the subscription. If you don’t want to spend the money, then don’t complain.