Hostility? It was just an honest observation. You said the only calls I had made were gut observation. I have posted eactly what I have done so how could you have missed it? Tell me what board was I posting my moves in and out of the market?
I clearly said, I have read very limited number of your posts, and what I have seen is… And I also said I am happy to learn…
From my posts you know, I am not wedded to any one particular approach.
If you have a method that allows you to get in and out and avoid taxes or minimize taxes and works for you.. Great… Happy for you.
That is why I said you need to listen because you have clearly been in the conversation. You even posted on the board. I am surprised you wouldn’t have remembered.
I think you may be reading the wrong books on investing buynholdisdead.
The split-adjusted IPO price of CSCO is 8 cents per share, not $18 (i.e., someone who put $10,000 into the stock at the IPO is now sitting on $7.9 MM worth of CSCO shares at today’s close, paying them a $204,000 annual dividend. I can almost guarantee you that anyone who traded out of CSCO bought something worse.
That’s why long-term buy & hold investors are sitting on massive unrealized capital gains even though the stock has gone nowhere in 20 years.
intercst
The split-adjusted IPO price of CSCO is 8 cents per share, not $18.
That intercst is why it matters what you say. You and Mark like to argue over the minutia and hold people accountable for not being precise. I am holding you all to the same standard. It shouldn’t be to hard to understand that LOL.
argue over the minutia and hold people accountable for not being precise
Folks complain about being pedantic until it’s their turn to be pedantic.
Truth is, many people on this board are well-read and reasonably informed.
If one focuses in on definitions, and eliminates the extremes (“all”, “never” etc, which are often not literally true), disagreements melt away.
And then there are predictions about the future. These are usually unresolvable until time passes, because most outcomes are feasible.
And we cannot usually resolve the relative likelihood of outcomes (a is more likely than b) with actual data - this is not measurable in any literal sense when there is only one macro outcome that comes to pass (sample size of one, no multiverses).
And we cannot usually resolve the relative likelihood of outcomes (a is more likely than b) with actual data - this is not measurable in any literal sense when there is only one macro outcome that comes to pass (sample size of one, no multiverses).
Cutting taxes while creating austerity, the bondholders will demand to know how they get paid.
Raising tariff rates causes unemployment, bankruptcies, and deflation.
Cutting corporate taxes slows reinvestment by corporate America.
“We,” most of us have taken some econ at some point. We can see those predicates clearly. It’s ugly.
Hazard a bit, we are seeing a double top.